Plumber Recommendation in Loudoun County

Piper

If anyone has a referral, I'd sure appreciate it. I have a leak, nothing related to the aquarium or the weather, been happening for a few weeks and it's really hard to isolate, for me anyway. I have water pooling and running on the concrete floor in the basement near our furnace, right near runoff lines from two humidifiers and some other pipe that heads off upstairs, but they're all bone dry. Could be a pinhole underneath, but it's all buttoned down, old and brittle. Need an expert to start picking it apart if that's even the source. Thanks in advance.

Thanks everybody:) Turns out it was actually the drain lines around the furnace. Have climatic out here right now, just figured it out. Appreciate the quick recommendations, truly. Thanks.

Thanks everybody:) Turns out it was actually the drain lines around the furnace. Have climatic out here right now, just figured it out. Appreciate the quick recommendations, truly. Thanks.

I could have sworn you were a plumber. I have my Pipers confused

(edited)

I could have sworn you were a plumber. I have my Pipers confused

Hah! Story of my life :) I've been Piper since the late 80's. I was heavily into aviation and although I flew cessna's, piper sounds more like a real name. I owned piper.com for a few years, was a big bulletin board sysop around here. I had 18 telephone lines coming into the house, ran two more board for the feds totally 96 lines. Back then it was all dial. My systems I set up to dial UUCP into UNIX systems and download mail, so my users had internet mail addresses and it was delivered in batches every few minutes rather than instantaneously to a mail server. But I digress. At the time, there was a Wandering Piper around the boards in town, a Pied Piper, and I was confused constantly with them. I had my fill of online chatting and messaging by '92, but sorta rediscovered it a few years ago in the form of car forums.

Edited by Piper

. I owned piper.com for a few years, was a big bulletin board sysop around here. I had 18 telephone lines coming into the house, ran two more board for the feds totally 96 lines. Back then it was all dial. My systems I set up to dial UUCP into UNIX systems and download mail, so my users had internet mail addresses and it was delivered in batches every few minutes rather than instantaneously to a mail server.

You do realize that most of the "kids" here have no idea what you are talking about.  Most don't know about life before broadband...  hahaha

Good to have an old time sysop here. 

Glad that it's all sorted out, Piper. Nothing like trying to track down a few drips of water sometimes.

You do realize that most of the "kids" here have no idea what you are talking about. Most don't know about life before broadband... hahaha

Fun times back then. Trying to put dial only boards onto the routed network in the early '90's was interesting. Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

You do realize that most of the "kids" here have no idea what you are talking about. Most don't know about life before broadband... hahaha

Whats not to follow? I used UUCP once to migrate files off an old SCO Xenix server over serial since it had no network capabilities. But I joined the revolution in 93 after UUCP was already an old beast...

(edited)

I wasn't really that much before you. My first real computer was a 386, and I think I picked it up in 1990. Proceeded to teach myself how to run bulletin boards & networking and server design at home. Launched that period of my career from my home office.

Edited by Piper

I remember what the bulletin boards were run for back then.... :ph34r:

I loved some of those old dial up bb games too.

Some content was required for people to even bother logging in ;) Beyond that though, my place had a hugely active and intellectual forum, chat area, finest shareware library around and awesome games :D