Best Source for Copepods

Piper

Reefs2go's offer seems decent, free shipping and $9.95 per 500. I want to get a bunch to heavily seed my reef. I have one very happy mandarin in there now so I figure he's getting something, but I've never  actually seeded the tank. Normally I'd say that means I have no copepods, however, when I did my last tank I already had the massive 3xVolume rated skimmer running when I took delivery of my live rock and laid it all out flat on the bottom and left it alone for months, kept a lot of stuff on the rock alive. I really have no idea if that'll keep copepods alive, but my one mandarin is really, really happy in there. However, I have two more on the way. Time to make sure I have a good food supply. Anybody have any feedback on reefs2go? Seen some feedback that isn't so positive. Any other good sources?

I got a two for one order a couple months ago. There were lots of very large amphipods and I assume lots of smaller copepods. I see lots and lots in my sump rocks and some of the DT rocks so I assume they worked. They were packed well and very active when I got them.

And of course now I can't remember the website...but it's out of Florida..I normally do mainly snails and stuff but I ordered pods from him last time and was very happy...now if I could remember the darn website....

And of course now I can't remember the website...but it's out of Florida..I normally do mainly snails and stuff but I ordered pods from him last time and was very happy...now if I could remember the darn website....

Not reeftopia? I have a shipment coming from them as soon as they can scrounge up a sand sifting star. Shot them an email about the bods a couple days ago but got impatient. Just placed the order with reefs2go.

John is literally the best at what he does...no question. Ironically I have never thought of him for pods....but now I will!  Their customer service goes way above and beyond...

Should have been more patient last night. Great feedback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I got a two for one order a couple months ago. There were lots of very large amphipods and I assume lots of smaller copepods. I see lots and lots in my sump rocks and some of the DT rocks so I assume they worked. They were packed well and very active when I got them.

Hey Alan - I still have pods in my sump.  Granted the filter sock got a good chunk of them but yet, I still have lots.  That was a good buy and will buy from them again.

Sorry to be late in this conversation, but I'd like to offer another opinion.  When fish are present amphipods are good hiders and tend to come out more at night when they are safer.  I'd guess that you have thousands in your tank and don't need to buy any more.  If you drop a few flakes in your tank after dark you will probably keep up a large population of amphipods.  Another way to tell is if you have any cyano in your tank that shrinks at night and grows again by day.  Its the amphipods that eat the cyano.

Reefs2go's offer seems decent, free shipping and $9.95 per 500. I want to get a bunch to heavily seed my reef. I have one very happy mandarin in there now so I figure he's getting something, but I've never  actually seeded the tank. Normally I'd say that means I have no copepods, however, when I did my last tank I already had the massive 3xVolume rated skimmer running when I took delivery of my live rock and laid it all out flat on the bottom and left it alone for months, kept a lot of stuff on the rock alive. I really have no idea if that'll keep copepods alive, but my one mandarin is really, really happy in there. However, I have two more on the way. Time to make sure I have a good food supply. Anybody have any feedback on reefs2go? Seen some feedback that isn't so positive. Any other good sources?

Sad to see they aren't still running this deal, I'd give them a shot. 

Anyone know where to purchase pods (preferably algagen tisbe pods) locally?