the 200g DD

Looking good!  I thought you were supposed to use the stiff tubing on the intake side of the two part dosers?  I have the softline on output and hardline on input to prevent the intake line from collapsing with the vacuum. 

Awesome tank!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My gf got me an underwater camera for Xmas. I got to snap a couple pics tonight. I have no idea how to use it or know what I'm doing. Just point and shoot.

the micro bubbles are slaying me. I may need to put something along the last baffle to trap them suckas.

DSCF0002_zpsacb70ae5.jpg

DSCF0016_zps95063579.jpg

DSCF0008_zps99e707c6.jpg

DSCF0013_zps130094c2.jpg

DSCF0026_zps8638f29a.jpg

DSCF0018_zpsc1f4fed9.jpg

DSCF0024_zpse134a381.jpg

DSCF0017_zps20bd030b.jpg

DSCF0034_zps7ad497d3.jpg

Coming along nice... and quick. That clean glass bottom is looking nice, and I'm digging the aquascape. Detrius doesn't stand a chance!

Thanks, mate. I broke a bunch of sticks during the move. It was inevitable, but still painful. I just ordered two more Arctic S206 units to have a total of 4. The tank is currently lit by 2. I almost have enough spread to cover it. The color of this light is pretty amazing. It blows away the high end Vertex light I had. I think I'm done for corals are of now. I may get another scoly if I find the right one. I plan on getting a bunch of fish in the next month or so. Schooling fish...

• 2 months later...

No recent pics. I'll take some later next week when I find some time. The lights are doing well. I almost killed everything using peroxide last month. Things have mostly recovered since the incident. Most of the gha went away after aggressively running gfo and setting up a refugium. I also went to a pellet/flake diet for a few weeks. I do frozen blood worms once a week. The wrasses love them. Things are pretty much on autopilot.

Marineland really messed up designing the stands for these tanks. They don't have enough height to them. I really want to run a Swabbie but it won't fit. I don't want to drop big money to run an external either.

• 1 month later...

How about an update? Does your Jedi Mind Trick just plate out like that, or is it actually growing on a rock?

The jmt just encrusts for me. It looks like it's plating in the pic but it's not. It won't grow over the green monti so I will need to kill that somehow. I lost my $500 efflo colony when I did the peroxide. I'm kinda bummed about that but it could have been a lot worse. Everything else is doing okay. The only thing I've changed was take the reactor off and bootlegged a refugium. I don't have algae in my DT and that's all I care about.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...