My anemone has EYES!!!

pettyrd

Today I noticed my Kole Tang was missing for the morning feeding. I checked all the usual suspects... Overflow box, sump chamber, floor behind the tank.... Nothing. Then I noticed my Ritteri Anemone's mouth looked swollen, like he had just been fed, and was digesting.

I have been watching the anemone all morning and now it is apparent what happened to my poor little fish.... My anemone has an eye in its mouth!!!Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how your tang lost his eye

Sorry for your lost. How big was the kole tang? Do you have moon light?

I have 3 giganteas and a riterri in my tanks, so losing fish to one of these guys is also very likely.

The kole tang was about 2 1/2 inches. I do have moon lights ... The AI Vegas do have a moon cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So horrible! They aren't known for snatching while asleep so he must not have been 100% :(

That's always a possibility... The Kole looked fine to me... It was eating like a pig and had no visible signs of sickness. It really sux... That was one of my favorite fish... Now it's just an expensive meal.

Bummer indeed. Same thing happened with me and my RBTA, except a swallowtail angel. I had a pretty severe Ich outbreak about a week later, keep your eyes peeled.

Sorry for your loss

I was missing my lawn mower blenny for a few days. I finally convinced myself on of my gbta got him. A month later I found him suspended in some wires behind my tank. With how tight my canopy top is I still don't know how he got out..

So horrible! They aren't known for snatching while asleep so he must not have been 100% :(

I don't really understand what you're saying. So the anemone doesn't grab fish when it is asleep? I didn't know they did sleep. I thought they were active all the time grabbing food when they can. 

I don't really understand what you're saying. So the anemone doesn't grab fish when it is asleep? I didn't know they did sleep. I thought they were active all the time grabbing food when they can. 

i think she means the fish when they are sleeping...not that the nem sleeps....