Go big, go different

zygote2k

Rejuvenating a 240 at a hotel in DC. It's had a troubled past and it's time for a different look.

I first started working on this in 2011 and it had 7 jumbo fish and off the chart No3 and P04. Fake decorations, low lighting, bioballs. Tank would recieve big Aqua Maid treatments to rid it of hair algae, then periodic bleaching of the decorations and massive w/c. Always looked horrendous every month for service. Fish would die unexpectedly and management wasn't happy.

off to work now, will post later.

What a teaser. Where are the pictures?

We need before and after pictures.

Let's see the before and after! The grand reveal for the intense makeover!

There are actually 2 tanks in this particular place- both have the same issues. One is smaller at 180g.

The small tank sits in back and isn't seen as much as the larger tank. I started this one on the road to recovery first.

The stand bottom was made from particle board and over time it had rotted away until the wet/dry had literally made a permanent impression and sunk 2 inches at an awkward angle causing a leak.

I gutted the bottom of the stand and laid in a nice flat piece of wood and replaced the w/d with a 40 breeder.

I then added one of the CS1's and a bio-pellet reactor. Feed pump powering both, going into BPR then skimmer.

Nitrates were 200+ on this tank. I hoped that it could only get better from here.

I then added one of the CS1's and a bio-pellet reactor. Feed pump powering both, going into BPR then skimmer.

Nitrates were 200+ on this tank. I hoped that it could only get better from here.

I'm curious to see the nitrate readings over time on this.  Have the pellets kicked in yet?  Have they become super sticky and difficult to tumble with a normal feed pump?

Sounds like a Rainforest Cafe place... is there one of those in a DC hotel?

Sounds like a Rainforest Cafe place... is there one of those in a DC hotel?

I thought there weren't anymore Rainforest Cafes in there area anymore. I searched a few weeks ago after watching Fish Tank Kings.

Sent from my toaster using tapatalk2