My Fluval Spec V

Cliff Puckstable

I'm in a posting mood, and I thought I'd share my nano. I got this just for my acans and zoas a few months ago. Sorry, the lighting is really blue. I added 3 Cree RB's and taped off most of the stock white lighting to make it more blue. I'm trying to get my rainbow colors back on my acans. If anyone knows any secrets in getting the color back, lmk.

photo4_zpsccac786c.jpg

photo5_zpsb61d22c4.jpg

photo6_zps2644abc8.jpg

my favorite clowns (they finally paired up):

the ora black ice snowflake (got her @ QR)

photo7_zps89f3979c.jpg

teh wyoming white (got him from monkiboy)

photo8_zpse85054a1.jpg

dude, that made my night seeing the lil guy not so little and doing well in your tank - he/she at the time was so tiny. she looks great!

It's hard getting a good shot of him. In natural light, he has a lot of blue in him. He is a stud, for sure.

Cool nano and Cree mod!

Thank you

all acans lose color in captivity because their dietary needs are not being met. you have to feed these a variety of foods in order to keep their colors.

Rob, what do you recommend feeding? I regularly feed frozen cyclops and mysis, and once a week I squirt some phytoplan, zoplan, and some frozen rotifers to mix things up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Let me know if you want to get rid of that light. I'm looking for something to do a "grow out" frag tank for my zoas without spending a ton of cash.

• 2 months later...