Kitchen Counter PicO

Shoelace

It's been such a long journey... A short while back I was going to get back into the hobby. I was setting up a 25G cube but while I was tightening a leaky bulkhead... well, I don't want to talk about it...  :( Please cheer me up. It's taken me a while to get back on the saddle.

So I've decided not to set up a "larger" nano anymore.  I just ordered a PicO Aquariums PicO I that will be placed on my kitchen counter.  I really can't wait!  In the meantime, I've set up a IM Nuvo Pico 4 from Craigslist in it's place to feed my addiction.  Most of the equipment from the 25G build will go to the this and then the PicO.  I guess I plan on a mixed reef with easy SPS, but I'm not sure yet. 

Tank specs:

IM Nuvo Pico 4 (soon to be upgraded to a PicO Aquariums PicO I)

AI Sol Nano

Neptune Apex Controller with VDM

MicroJet 450 (117 gph)

Hydor Flo Rotating Water Deflector

Cobalt NeoTherm 25W heater

Tunze Osmolator Nano

Radioshack 80mm cooling fan

BRS dosing pumps for two-part

P9130014_zpsbcbced80.jpg

P9131022_zps92c290b7.jpg

I also just got some Kenko macro extension tubes for my Olympus micro four thirds camera that I have been testing.  I'm slowly getting better.

P9131008_zps70ee8035.jpg

P9131004_zps3aa89d11.jpg

P9131005_zps580cb5e5.jpg

P9131014_zps1355f38f.jpg

P9131017_zpsb08f3e5b.jpg

P9131011_zps9b356b74.jpg

When you upgrade, I might be interested in the tank. How do you like the IM that size?

As with all Pico's, it's got its own challenges, but I really like the size.  I probably would go with the 8G if I had bought new.  When I upgrade, I will be using the IM as a Q-tank.

Great shots, and great little tank!  I also have a pico in the kitchen, and I'm really impressed by how clean you've been able to keep it (I seem to have cords everywhere).

Nice! Are you happy with the AI Nano?

Yes, I'm very happy with it.  Recently, AI came out with the Hydra which is full spectrum, but is bigger.  For the purposes of a small tank (and especially a cube), I think the AI Nano is great.  Maxspect came out with a Nano Razor but the footprint is bigger.

Great shots, and great little tank!  I also have a pico in the kitchen, and I'm really impressed by how clean you've been able to keep it (I seem to have cords everywhere).

Not sure how much cleaner it is, but I got this split loom at IKEA and it does the job.  When I get the PicO, I'll make it even neater perhaps with a wire conduit from Home Depot.

P9140005_zpsaca8e71a.jpg

Thanks, all. I hope I can keep things going. I have a horrible history of getting lazy.

Does anyone around Columbia have any softies to sell? I've pretty much decided I'm not up to the challenge of growing the pretty sticks of calcium carbonate. I'm looking for colorful zoas, paly's, cloves, pulsing Xenia, green/pink sinularia, anything cool that sways with the current, etc. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...