My 10 gallon AGA with live rock, love it!

nova423

I think I did ok with the rock placement. Not much room to work with.

I'm really liking this Orphek pr 25 led bulb. The shimmer is amazing!

Still lots to do, I plan to make a gravity ATO next.

Any one know of a good design?

post-2633821-0-46169400-1378954126_thumb.jpg

post-2633821-0-53945500-1378954144_thumb.jpg

post-2633821-0-67353300-1378954171_thumb.jpg

How'd you get the rocks to hang from the top.?

Lol, too funny.

I think the tank looks nice too, but had to turn my monitor over to see it.

What is your stocking plan for your tank.? I just set up a nano recently as well, and always interested to see what others are stocking.?

A clownfish pair, a goby or blenny or something else small, 2 shrimp, and a small snail cleanup crew. Maintained by diligent water changes. Coral to come later.

Thanks, any advice for zoas or other beginner corals that don't cost an arm and a leg?

I would visit one of sponsers and check out thier frag tanks. Zoas and most softies grow and spread pretty fast so you can grab a few polyps cheap and just grow them out instead of buying a large expensive colony.

Went to see the guys at Quantum Reefs tonight, picked up a nice little ocellaris clown and some coral.  Check them out!

Ricky Bobby and his new friend, Ron Burgundy.  

gallery_2633821_1308_40166.jpg

And the new coral.  Pretty cool, the way it was cut it kinda looks like a tree!

gallery_2633821_1305_12614.jpg

Very cute!

I'm not sure if you or your tank are ready for that coral....I may have killed it once or twice (or five different pieces of it,lol) but I'm also a lazy hobbyist,lol

Good luck and just keep up with your maintenance....

• 2 months later...

Things are looking good!  Started using zeovit additives, tank looks fantastic!

My Nano Box Mono with StormX controller.

reef-0594_zps69fc3e8f.jpg

My DIY skimmer & RowaPhos/Carbon Reactor.

reef-0592_zps58e676ff.jpg

Rocky the Skunk Cleaner Shrimp.

reef-0591_zpsbdba4f8e.jpg

ORA Green Damicornis from QR.  Under moonlighting.

reef-0575_zps7b6c0e76.jpg

ERC Frogspawn.

reef-0565_zpsebd56f34.jpg

ERC Hammer.

reef-0536_zpse1785df2.jpg

Sebastian the Sexy Shrimp, from QR.

reef-0545_zps41bad7a2.jpg

Encrusting Gorgonian from a WAMAS member.

reef-0534_zps67312196.jpg

Gross cyano, tank needs a water change!  This is what you get when you forget to tune your airstone skimmer, they are a PITA sometimes but what else could you run on a 10g with no sump?  Luckily this cyano cleared up since this picture was taken.

reef-0532_zps5c77f6de.jpg

Ricky Bobby & Ron Burgundy, my false perc clownfish.

reef-0533_zpsf05b1956.jpg

Duncan from ERC.

reef-0530_zps8892fe22.jpg

Montipora Setosa from a WAMAS member.

reef-0529_zpse1bd4de3.jpg

Frogspawn, Hammer, & Montipora.

reef-0526_zps4d0f49e1.jpg

Duncan from QR, & some palys from YHSublime.  Ricky Bobby chillin in the background.

reef-0527_zps4a2bcde5.jpg

My girlfriend named all the livestock, hence the names :)

• 2 months later...

So this is now a sump less 20 long, run with full zeo method. Would love a sump but no space till we move.

DIY zeo reactor, DIY airstone skimmer, DIY heater controller, with a nanobox reef and StormX controller for lighting.

Finishing up my DIY canopy this week hopefully. Adding about 50 more watts of LEDs as well as a T5HO with a kz fiji purple to fill in the gaps. I guess I like to build things :p

I def recommend the nano box, Dave Fason makes a high quality unit that simply cannot be captured in pictures.

I don't like the windex look but here is how the nano box looks.

post-2633821-0-88774100-1392604114_thumb.jpg

You don't have room for a sump underneath? Let me know if you want a 20 long, I'm getting ready to drill 1 of 3 I have recently acquired, and will only be needing uno. Tank looks nice!

Thanks!  It's a labor of love.

No, unfortunately I can't have a sump where the tank is now.  It is sitting on a marble shelf above two cabinets in our living room, that are built into our place.  If we did not sublet our condo I would totally do some drilling and get one piped in.  Right now I make do with my skimmer put into my modified Tunze streamfilter, and the zeo reactor & carbon bag in a modified AC 70.  Once I get my hood finished up I want to rescape, right now the lighting is a bit uneven so I have a lot of the rocks and corals piled onto the right side under the LEDs.  

I have flirted with the idea of possibly putting a sump behind or to the side of the tank, but when I researched online it looked like it was going to be more trouble then what it is worth.

I have thought about building a stand and moving the tank so I can put in a sump because I would love to be able to hide all the contraptions (plus the numerous benefits of having a sump), but my fiancee will have a s***fit if I spend any more money or time on this tank!  Plus we are planning to move at the end of the year, so when we do, I'll be able to upgrade and definitely put in a sump, and a nice big skimmer to I can keep on overfeeding ;)

Edited by nova423

• 1 month later...