Need a ID

Joshifer

It's doesnt look like a feather duster. Or aptasia. Kinda looks like a zoa. But I wouldn't know better. Stuff is just popping out of the rocks. I have some wine color mushrooms popping up too.

Hard to see well on my phone but looks like aptaisia to me. I will look when I'm on PC again and see if I can tell. Is this the same rock or another one? Very cool on the mushroom!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Hard to see well on my phone but looks like aptaisia to me. I will look when I'm on PC again and see if I can tell. Is this the same rock or another one? Very cool on the mushroom!!Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Pics are a bit fuzzy... But looks like mojanos.... Are you able to get a clearer pic?

Different rock. Gonna try again I only have my iPad to take pics with.

Pics are a bit fuzzy... But looks like mojanos.... Are you able to get a clearer pic?

This ID looks spot on based on your pictures.

it doesn't look like an anemone or aptaisia to me now that I can see it larger...I think mojano...

Ugh. I wanna nuke everything and start clean but the clown is looking stressed in the tiny tank. I'll wait and see what I can do. Maybe finish cycle and try kalk and peppermints. Unless I find a fish sitter and nuke everything

Clown is eating just probably feels boxed in I don't blame him.

Params are fine doing water changes as instructed by small reef

Speaking of clowns. This is for future reference. How many clowns in 30 gal would be.acceptable? I know they pair and quibble a.bit. Also.world.blue chromis be ok? I like them

Edited by Joshifer

Okay, here are my hitchiker ID sites. I think it could either be majano or ball anemone.
http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker/hitchhiker.shtml =this one shows both
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/hitchhikers.html Just another one of my sites I have bookmarked
http://www.masa.asn.au/masawiki/index.php/Hitchhikers_Guide_to_the_Reef_Tank and another

You can probably get one more clown...but you are going to want to sex the one you have to make sure you try to pair them

edited to add: make sure the one you add it a lot smaller than the one you have already

Edited by sachabballi reef

Looks like mojano (majano?) to me but I've never had them myself. It should be easier to control now than later. Kalk should be fine. Unless the rock is really terrible or you're keeping something very delicate in there I would just try the kalking first.

Your tank must be cycling nicely to have all of this life! Have you tested parameters?

BTW, your clown is fine for now. If you have everything figured out in that 8 gallon you could add another now. As babies they are fine in that size for a short time. I added a second ocelleris clown (they are young) last week after one of mine went carpet surfing again (this time he was not so lucky) and they were fine. I picked the smallest one in the tank and they got along right away.

Two clowns and a blue green chromis could potentially be fine, though you might consider looking at a blenny or shrimp/goby pair. I like to come up with a list of possibilities and they watch the behavior of what I have before making a final decision. You may find that the clownfish are very active and you want something that will hang out towards the bottom, or be more "chill."

Looks like mojano (majano?) to me but I've never had them myself. It should be easier to control now than later. Kalk should be fine. Unless the rock is really terrible or you're keeping something very delicate in there I would just try the kalking first.

Your tank must be cycling nicely to have all of this life! Have you tested parameters?

BTW, your clown is fine for now. If you have everything figured out in that 8 gallon you could add another now. As babies they are fine in that size for a short time. I added a second ocelleris clown (they are young) last week after one of mine went carpet surfing again (this time he was not so lucky) and they were fine. I picked the smallest one in the tank and they got along right away.

Two clowns and a blue green chromis could potentially be fine, though you might consider looking at a blenny or shrimp/goby pair. I like to come up with a list of possibilities and they watch the behavior of what I have before making a final decision. You may find that the clownfish are very active and you want something that will hang out towards the bottom, or be more "chill."

I Actually want something all over the place. I saw two chromis in a nano at QR flying around the tank lol.

Okay, here are my hitchiker ID sites. I think it could either be majano or ball anemone.

http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker/hitchhiker.shtml =this one shows both

http://www.chucksaddiction.com/hitchhikers.html Just another one of my sites I have bookmarked

http://www.masa.asn.au/masawiki/index.php/Hitchhikers_Guide_to_the_Reef_Tank and another

Looks kind of light starved, but it does look like a majano from the pictures.

I'm so tempted to pull the rock out and zap them with a soldering iron. But I was told not to. Idk if they ain't gonna kill my fish then I don't mind them. I'm not looking into corals for a long time.

Thanks everyone for the Links and ID's

Edited by Joshifer

You can probably get one more clown...but you are going to want to sex the one you have to make sure you try to pair them

edited to add: make sure the one you add it a lot smaller than the one you have already

This guys tiny. Bout a inch I ain't gonna find anything smaller. I don't think ill try to pair in such a small space cus if they fight ain't much room to run

Pasting it with kalk will do the trick. You can also take the rock out and cover it in superglue.

Sent from my phone

Pasting it with kalk will do the trick. You can also take the rock out and cover it in superglue. Sent from my phone

Oooooo but can't I zap them. Just a little lol any super glue or it has to be a special one?

Any superglue.

The problem with torching them or any coral is the potential for them to release aerosolized toxins. This is especially true of zoanthids or palythoa zoanthids which may product palytoxin - a neurotoxin. But all corals and anemones are members of the cnidaria phylum and are potentially toxic. They're marked by the presence of stinging cells - nematocysts. Some people do torch them, though. My advice is that, should anybody go this route, the ought to do it outside in a well ventilated space and wear a respirator rated for pesticide removal.

As for the superglue - just any superglue will work just fine. We tend to use the gel-type in this hobby to mount frags, though. What you're trying to do is to basically close it off from its environment.

Any superglue.

The problem with torching them or any coral is the potential for them to release aerosolized toxins. This is especially true of zoanthids or palythoa zoanthids which may product palytoxin - a neurotoxin. But all corals and anemones are members of the cnidaria phylum and are potentially toxic. They're marked by the presence of stinging cells - nematocysts. Some people do torch them, though. My advice is that, should anybody go this route, the ought to do it outside in a well ventilated space and wear a respirator rated for pesticide removal.

As for the superglue - just any superglue will work just fine. We tend to use the gel-type in this hobby to mount frags, though. What you're trying to do is to basically close it off from its environment.

Oh wow. Had no idea about that thanks. I think I'll just leave them alone. Or toss that rock since I have 45 lbs and later I'm adding the 12lbs from the nano. I can't keep the nano.as I made a deal rock for the tank after I cycle