Who is good with Apex connection setup to Internet?

NAGA

Setting up an Apex to work the way it's intended to can be challenging. Mostly the challenge deals with making the device accessible through the home networking infrastructure and maintaining that access through IP changes.  Best to select someone who has one (or more) and has done it before. (Not to ding you on this Mason, but it's frustrated many people over the years, since it normally requires setting up a dynamic DNS account, opening ports on routers, configuring the address and port on the controller, and configuring the email alerts (which can be ISP specific). I know that Dave has set up Neptune's products for outside access and appreciates all the hoops you often have to jump through. I've done so also (and have helped others do it over the phone, sometimes remotely managing their router to get things going), but have little time to devote to it right now.

I've set up two and about to set up #3. Let's just say that my Sh_t is still not right. Leave it to the pro's, unless you can set up an appt with Neptune to walk you through it.

I agree with Tom.  It tends to be really ISP and router specific to get the port forwarding set up on the router, then the dynamic IP address issue with no-ip.org or something like that (I ended up creating a paid account with them), then the email SMTP configuration for warning emails.  Then make sure you have a UPS on both the Apex and the router or else those emails won't get out in power outages.  Then I still can't get the Android app to work worth a crap.  The iOS works great on local wireless or anywhere over Verizon LTE cellular.

Alan, I have the Android app working well over Verizon 3G/4G. If you want, PM me and I'll let you know how I'm set up.

It can be frustrating if you aren't familiar with networking. in my experience, the biggest challenge when I do it for others is getting the router login information out of them.

"No, the wifi network password is not the same thing..." haha.

It can be frustrating if you aren't familiar with networking. in my experience, the biggest challenge when I do it for others is getting the router login information out of them.

"No, the wifi network password is not the same thing..." haha.

Sounds like every visit to my inlaws house.