Hey everyone,

My name is Tim and i just started my first reef aquarium about a few month ago.  Its a 29 biocube with the basic lighting.  i just joined the wamas club tonight, and would for any advice people can give especially on what will be the best lighting upgrade to buy.

Hi Tshaner. Welcome. Everyone I've met so far on WAMAS have been really nice so feel free to ask questions as needed. We are all here to help :-) I just bought the Evergrow IT2080 but haven't hooked yet. I'll let you know how it turns out. I had 2MH & 4 T5HO Actinics on my 90 gallon and I wasn't happy. I think it was too much light.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Welcome!

Tell us more of this bio cube....who's in it, what corals...what you want to have later on when you upgrade your light......

I will say one thing...and though you can find lighting to upgrade your hood easily, you will probably be wanting to upgrade your whole system, so think about the next size tank you may want and whatever you upgrade, see if you can make it work for a different tank...helps with the budget in the end if you can keep some of your equipment as you upgrade....

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes :)

Right now in my aquarium I have fish: 2clowns and a peppermint shrimp and corals: a few mushrooms, some zoas, a small trumpet, a hammer and some gsp all I bought as small frags though pictures will come soon.

But I heard rapid LEDs and Steve's LEDs are good for a biocube only and ecoxotic is good if I would to upgrade my tank but which will the best to buy quality wise?

love it!  Nice and simple.  Upgrade to the LEDs, get some hardy SPS for the top of those rocks, really cool SPS for the mid section and some really cool chalice for the bottom :)

This is just my opinion but since your tank is only a few months old, you may want to wait a bit before buying any SPS corals, especially anything expensive.  I bought a few cheaper SPS corals a couple months after starting my system and all of them died fairly quickly.  Did you wait for the tank to cycle before adding stuff?  How are your parameters? 

Where are ya from?

Yes I waited a good couple weeks before actually adding stuff to my aquarium and played it very safe but so far everything is doing good and is very healthy and I'm in the Woodbridge area

Ya I think I'm gonna go with the ecoxotic LED lighting. And honestly I'm not sure yet what I'm going to put in it lol I'm still trying to learn the types of corals and what I can and can't get.

love it!  Nice and simple.  Upgrade to the LEDs, get some hardy SPS for the top of those rocks, really cool SPS for the mid section and some really cool chalice for the bottom :)

I'm glad you guys love my aquarium pretty much everything in there came from incredible corals haha but everything I bought looks very healthy and good quality

• 3 months later...

One advice. Buy the lighting that you would eventually use to upgrade to a bigger tank. Like probably most of us we eventually upgraded to a bigger tank. It took me at ear before I upgraded to a bigger tank and you can great deals on used tanks here.

It's true. lol. Not for everyone. But mostly FOR SURE..  I started with a 30, Then a 55,  now got a 15 plumbed to the 55, acting as a Sump.
     This Weekend/Next coming... Upgrading to a 75display,55sump, and the 30 or 15 Plumbed through the wall into another room, Utilizing the Same Sump... It's an Addiction, but it's a FUN one. haha