FragFest 2013 is Members-Only. Join now to avoid delay.

Origami

I wanted to alert non-members that our annual FragFest this year is a (paid) members-only event. We will be checking membership cards on the way in and may require that cards be shown as you pick up frags.

We will be accepting applications to join at the door, but because of other activity, this may delay your entry. If you're a non-member (e.g. bulletin board member only), then you can help speed the process by joining online in the coming days using a PayPal instant transfer (which automatically upgrades your membership and forum accesses). Just click on "Join" in the ribbon at the top of the page and follow the directions. By joining today, you give me the chance to process your membership card (manually) and get it out to you in the mail before the meeting so you, I and others at the meeting are not delayed.

So, if you've been considering joining WAMAS as a full member, and want to attend FragFest, please join today.

There are lots of benefits to becoming a member. Just click on the link in my signature for details.

Thank you.

If you have a family membership drag away....

I keep one just in case Steve doesn't let me sneak out and I have to bring him lol. Or if I need something at marine scene since he works near it and he uses his own card :)

Tom, my membership expires on the 19th. Of course I'm going to renew, but what would be better logistically given I'll need a new card at the door to fragfest?

Matt, go ahead and renew early. The software automatically tacks on a year from your expiration, not the renewal date. I can get a card to you in the mail and you'll have it before the meeting.

Hey Tom, so if I need a family membership, can I add the difference in cost to my current membership or do I have to get the wife her own?

If you want to add her, just paypal the $15 difference to treasurer@wamas.org and send me a note. I'll adjust your subscription's expiration date a little bit to account for the late upgrade.

if i dont get a family membership then i cant bring my spouse.. lol she really isnt into the hobby, just tags along..likes looking at all the corals and fish.

if i dont get a family membership then i cant bring my spouse.. lol she really isnt into the hobby, just tags along..likes looking at all the corals and fish.

Kind of what I was getting at.

yea.. i didnt really phrase that as a question, but i am definitely wondering if that is the case.

yes you need a family membership for her to tag...but it gets kinda chaotic and can overwhelm a spouse fast as there isn't much browsing like at a fish store.. Steve always wants to tag along and then 10 mins into it he's done lol and I want to maim him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Steve always wants to tag along and then 10 mins into it he's done lol and I want to maim him.

Hahah, I really like the language you used here :)

This will be my first frag fest...  what can a newbie expect to see at this thing?  What should I bring? that sort of thing.   Is there a post that all ready describes this? 

Hahah, I really like the language you used here :)

lol its true! At QR he was making sure no one stole the couch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Matt, go ahead and renew early. The software automatically tacks on a year from your expiration, not the renewal date. I can get a card to you in the mail and you'll have it before the meeting.

ok, thanks Tom

If you want to add her, just paypal the $15 difference to treasurer@wamas.org and send me a note. I'll adjust your subscription's expiration date a little bit to account for the late upgrade.

Hey Tom, I just paid the $15 difference. What else do you need from me? Will I get a new family card or will my wife just get one as well?

I don't think kids...unless they are teens wanting to be there will have any fun..and will drive you crazy after the first 30 minutes..this is probably one of the most ... Chaotic...meetings we do...the others where we have speakers would be better to bring kids if you can avoid it this time...

Cool thanks, your probably right, my son and nephew would start getting on my nerves after we walk through the door lol, as well as to many bathroom breaks away from the fun!

Hey Tom, I just paid the $15 difference. What else do you need from me? Will I get a new family card or will my wife just get one as well?

Got it. I'll send a new card out today. I'll include another for your wife today if you get back quickly. PM her name to me. 

What about small kids? Like 7 and under

That's OK, but you've got to watch them and make sure that they behave. As we all probably recall, it's pretty hard to sit still during the still times and hard to behave while in the midst of a bunch of "giant" adults milling about waiting for frags.

LAST CALL.

If you're going to get a card in the mail, join today before noon. I'll make one last run to the post office today to drop new cards in the mail. Any new registrations that don't make it into the mail today will be held until the meeting and you'll wait in a separate line until we can locate the card and hand it to you.