Tank drilling help

PK3

Nice. There you go. Lets do it at the meeting if the club leadership doesn't care.

Bring it on. No problem with doing this at the meeting as long as it's not disrupting anything and you clean up afterwards.

Ok then. I will bring the bits I have and a cordless and corded drill, some putty, a squirt bottle, and some lenses to check for tempered.

If anyone else has bits that I dont and you feel like bringing them, feel free. Whoever wants a tank drilled, we can try to do them at the meeting. I will check in with Origami to identify myself and see if anyone wants drilling.

i have a BRS drill guide if whomever wants to use it. or if you want me to drill your tank there, i'd be happy to do so. it's really straight-forward. and with a drill guide you have nothing to worry about.

i also have a 40B tank that i am selling that has two 3/4" locline returns and two 1" drains with a BRS 1200gph overflow setup for a herbie that is in great shape and all sch80 plumbing with all cepex valves, unions, fittings if anyone wants a really easy turn-key solution. comes with stand too!

Monkiboy, the drill guide would be great. Tracy G, I have bits for 3/4 and 1" for ABs bulkheads, but the sched 80 ones are bigger, so if yours do that it would help round out the selection.

Not sure if we have any confirmed takers for drilling or not, but we can have the stuff there if someone wants it.

Well, it looks like Marco has the perfect solution for me, so it turns out I won't need to drill according my initial post. Although, I may still come to drill a hole in a 10g tank and I'm guessing some others may be interested as well.

AlanM, have any others expressed interest or confirmed they would like their tank drilled?

Not that I can see. Not sure if mling is going to risk his 55 gallon. I'll bring the bits and drill regardless and if anyone ends up showing up with a tank, we'll drill it.

i'll bring my drill guide and bits as well just in case. most folks by now have my number (alan definitely does) so just text me if you can't find me at the meeting.

Not that I can see. Not sure if mling is going to risk his 55 gallon. I'll bring the bits and drill regardless and if anyone ends up showing up with a tank, we'll drill it.

You are correct, I am going with pipes over the top of the tank instead of holes. Ugly but I keep hearing cracking of glass in the back of my head :cool:

You are correct, I am going with pipes over the top of the tank instead of holes. Ugly but I keep hearing cracking of glass in the back of my head :cool:

Maybe some of us could pitch in for an updated version of the tempered glass popping video. I'll put in $10 towards buying you a new tank if you let us risk popping it. 8)

Tom did say that we should try to not make a mess, though...