Schreiba's 83g Miracles Rimless [40x24x20]

Wow. Super clean photography skills to match the tank. Nice!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I have 4 Pneumatic nail guns...what's that get me?

Well..you get :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ..haha

I guess what I meant was how often would you need a pneumatic gun? I mean..how much trim or chair rail can you put in your house? Might have to borrow for my next build! :rolleyes:

Wow. Super clean photography skills to match the tank. Nice!

Thanks YHSublime!

I guess what I meant was how often would you need a pneumatic gun? I mean..how much trim or chair rail can you put in your house? Might have to borrow for my next build! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

30 bucks at harbor freight for a combo one that does both staples and brads up to 1.25 inches, i think. They also have occasional sales on little compressors that can do 100PSI, and can keep up with their nailguns if you arent too crazy with it. I use mine a surprising amount, and it always impresses the kids.

I love the look of this tank, stand, hood, and it is definitely a level of cleanliness to aspire to as I work on mine.

I loved your little one, too, and if you were selling that Mame overflow with it, I would have been tempted to try to pick it all up from you. Those glass overflows seem to be made of unobtanium.

Gotta have a brad nailer, stapler, finish nailer and long nailer....use them for putting in sub floors, doing trim, roofing, almost any construction use

Very nice and very clean. Love the look.

Any more progress in your fish list? What about a flame wrasse....or three?

30 bucks at harbor freight for a combo one that does both staples and brads up to 1.25 inches, i think. They also have occasional sales on little compressors that can do 100PSI, and can keep up with their nailguns if you arent too crazy with it. I use mine a surprising amount, and it always impresses the kids.

I love the look of this tank, stand, hood, and it is definitely a level of cleanliness to aspire to as I work on mine.

I loved your little one, too, and if you were selling that Mame overflow with it, I would have been tempted to try to pick it all up from you. Those glass overflows seem to be made of unobtanium.

Thanks Alan, I appreciate it! I sold the MAME before anything else but I was so happy see it go, that was one of the big reasons for me wanting to upgrade. That thing was a pain to clean and I was sometimes nervous it was going to fail and I'd have a flood. The guy I sold it to was replacing the initial u-tube as well since I managed to punch a hole through it when I was cleaning it (the glass in that section was seriously paper thin). Beautiful piece of hardware but way too much upkeep.

Gotta have a brad nailer, stapler, finish nailer and long nailer....use them for putting in sub floors, doing trim, roofing, almost any construction use

Yep!

Very nice and very clean. Love the look.

Any more progress in your fish list? What about a flame wrasse....or three?

Thanks matt! Nope no new fish yet, really starting to research flame/fairy/other reef-safe wrasse though especially since I still have a liveaquaria giftcard. Any input or suggestions? I got my swallowtail about a month ago so I also want to make sure there's plenty of time between fish purchases.

Also setup an eheim autofeeder in my floating canopy this afternoon so the anthias can get food a little more regularly. Tank pretty much takes care of itself now :happy: Just waiting for my custom top off container to be finished so I don't have to fill the bucket every other day.

• 3 weeks later...

More.

Let me know if you need a realtor, the guy I used was good.

Here ya go...

8656826738_52c6bab933_c.jpg

Some new PE's from epleeds! I have quite the zoa/paly garden now too and it pops really nicely under the RB LEDs.

And yeah I'll be sending you a PM.

Hey, any particular reason for your tank dimensions?

None in particular as far as space restraints go. After looking through a lot of threads on multiple forums I found the proportions I wanted and then scaled them to a tank between 75-100 gallons. I considered a cube for awhile but found it would simply be too deep (would have been a minimum of 24"). Also considered like a 36"x36"x20" but in the end I liked the proportions of the 40"x24"x20" better.

The only thing I would consider doing differently would be an external overflow or making my overflow box bigger. I made it with like 1/2" tolerances for the piping and while it does look/work great and takes up minimal space there's no way I could get my hand down to the bottom of the overflow without taking out the piping.

Thanks, I really dig the tank. Generally, I really like that height of tank for lighting...and the depth seems very nice without becoming a walkway obstacle. I wish I had more space front to back.

It was the 40" length that threw me....didn't know if that was for lighting reasons or something else. For some fish longer is thought of as better, but your porportions are very pleasing to see. Obviously, there was serious thought involved.

Thanks, I really dig the tank. Generally, I really like that height of tank for lighting...and the depth seems very nice without becoming a walkway obstacle. I wish I had more space front to back.

It was the 40" length that threw me....didn't know if that was for lighting reasons or something else. For some fish longer is thought of as better, but your porportions are very pleasing to see. Obviously, there was serious thought involved.

Thanks matt! It is a great height for lighting. I have RB LED's with 80 degree lenses that are really coloring up the zoas/palys that are almost down to the sandbed. A longer tank would have been nice but I don't think I'm going to putting any tangs in the tank or other fish that need extensive length for swimming. I know my swallowtail would appreciate more room but I know she won't be in the tank forever anyway. At this point it will likely be more wrasse and gobies. I have my eye on PIA now that you recommended it to me so I'm just waiting for the right fish to come along ;)

Gorgeous. What's your camera/lens?

Thanks! I used a Canon T3i with a Canon 50mm f/2.5 macro for a lot of the close-ups. I use a Canon 70-200mm f4L for the FTS/non-macro shots.

You should change your signature pic from the old smaller aquarium with the Mame to the bigger one. I'd like to see it on more of your posts.

You should change your signature pic from the old smaller aquarium with the Mame to the bigger one. I'd like to see it on more of your posts.

Good call Alan. I'll put something together tonight.

So I have a problem, but let me run through the history of fish in my tank...

I started with 3 Bartlett's Anthias, all was well with no issues. Around 2 months ago I added a female swallowtail angelfish, everyone got along great and there were no problems. Around 1 month ago the large male anthias jumped through the tiny opening in the screen top that my tank sitter left open on accident after feeding. The other two female anthias did okay for about a week but since then they barely come out of the rocks because when they try the swallowtail scares them back in. I figured this had something to do with the anthias no longer having the dominant male around so yesterday I picked up a large male anthias and another small female. The anthias have all taken to each other very well but the swallowtail still won't let them come out the rocks without chasing them back in.

So my question, has the swallowtail established the entire tank as her own at this point and needs to go? Or is there a chance this behavior will subside after a few days since the fish are new? I guess if I did it again I would add the swallowtail last but in my research I did not see any indications that swallowtails would be aggressive. I'm thinking it is just this particular fish and/or maybe the tank is just too small for her. I would also really like to see my other fish especially since anthias are supposed to be swimming around the water column. Please let me know if you have suggestions or experience with these types of problems. Thanks!

my lamarks goes through this mean streak also, though he subsides every few days before someone else makes him mad...

could just take the male anthias one good time to teach him...or he may be a big baby and never stop him ...

my lamarks goes through this mean streak also, though he subsides every few days before someone else makes him mad...

could just take the male anthias one good time to teach him...or he may be a big baby and never stop him ...

Thanks for the advice Kim! I moved her to another tank for now and once my tank is closer to being fully stocked I'll try adding her back in. I hope it works out because she is a beautiful and healthy fish.

I also picked up a pair of flame wrasse but unfortunately the male didn't make it. Should have gone along with the advice that male flame wrasse just do not transport/ship well but he looked great in the store and was eating. The female that is left looks great and I will try and add one or two more females and let one become a male. That'll put my stock list at:

4 Bartlett's Anthias (Pseudanthias bartlettorum)

2-3 Female Flame Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus jordani)

1 Female Swallowtail Angel (Genicanthus melanospilos) ; Will be added last

Any suggestions on what else to add? I'm considering another pair of fairy wrasse but haven't decided on a species yet.

Black Cap Basslet or mystery wrasse for some added purple.

Thanks for the suggestions! Mystery wrasse was on the top of my list for awhile but I think they are just too aggressive.