Best SPS tank on WAMAS

STEVE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony's tank was great! Im sure his new 300 will be just as good if not better!

Mariana's is very nice, Graham has some quality stuff there and the water and glass are always so crystal clear in his pics, Ridetheducati had a very nice tank, Copps (which tank haha), Dell2go hasnt been on in a while but he always had some great stuff. DDiver, i think Corsi will wow us with his new tank..Gionova, Sportzfish i could go on.

there are alot of really good sps keepers on here and an amazing amount of nice corals

not sure i could pick one favorite....wish mine was up to part but it got outta hand ..hopefully the new tank will actually look nice rather than cluttered.

could definately be fun to have a tank off/ same person taking pics and having the color the same.

I have to vote for Dell2go... amazing tank.

Thanks Der ABT and Josh. I have not been on posting lately because I upgraded from 75G to 200G. I sold all the colonies when transfer. I think it's been a year plus that I am not on board. That's because most of mine SPS are mini colonies now. Anyway, I did take some shoots of my new tank but pictures didn't come out decent enough. So, I will again when time allows.

+1 for Aurora (Duk Lee) and Graham. I am still waiting for the invite to see Copp's in person.

"How did 1500G of saltwater cost THAT much?"

Pictures really do not do that tank justice, most likely because it looks a lot smaller than it really is with those HUGE fish. The depth was just fantastic.

NIce tank Dell2go...why have I not seen this tank in person...?

I was trying to keep this on CURRENT members/tanks.......but your right on Nicks tank, it is amazng!

Thanks Matt & Steve. Nick is a friend of mine.He used to be WAMAS member but no longer is due to some issues. I'll see if he allows me to post his tank. Most importantly, will this be fine if I post someone tank that is WAMAS member?

Its fine with me. I have seen his tank in person, it's GREAT!

(edited)

Nick's tank is fantastic. Obviously Copps and Marina have amazing tanks. I've also gotten to see Sportzfish's tank in person and it's unfortunate he never posts pics of his tank.

Dave (who broke down his tank) had a phenomenal tank before he shut down (many people here probably got corals from him). Khanh is another person with an amazing tank.

I'm guessing there are other Northern Virginia reefers who aren't on here or don't post that have amazing tanks.

Down in richmond, Soccerbag and Mike and Terry all have tanks that rival anything I've ever seen.

Edited by roni

My vote is for Copps... haven't seen it in person... but from the photos it blows mine away. One day I will have a big DT and then I will compete!

My vote is for Copps... haven't seen it in person... but from the photos it blows mine away. One day I will have a big DT and then I will compete!
copps is building a 900 gallon tank...lol..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sachabballi reef

crap.... i gotta sell some coral or get a second job or something!

Lol...i confess i have yours and copps in my tank and love them all equally.. you are both incredible reefers

LMK waiting on you!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Getting the drawings on this soon... I spoke at Reef Stock a few weeks ago and Joe Yaiullo of Atlantis convinced me to go 36" deep instead of 30" deep... so the tank will be 96" x 70" x 36"... so it's now about 1050 gallons... once I get the drawings finalized I'll have the exact count... say a prayer for me! Our home builder is adding 17 dedicated 20 amp circuits for this tank and the others... including my many quarantine setups... overkill but if I have too many circuits in the fish space that will not be a bad problem. :)

Anyway, we have many nice systems in this club... I travel around and see many clubs... WAMAS is at the top! Graham your tank is beautiful and you my friend can grow some coral!

I've been bugged about an updated FTS, so here it is... you cannot even see rock anymore... I need a bigger tank. :)

180_March_2013_5a_Guam_fish_zps48c522f4.jpg

Again for those asking about info on this system refer here...

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/76-tank-of-the-month

Thanks for all the kind words fellow WAMAS members. I'll see you all this weekend... we have TWO rockin' speakers.

Copps

Getting the drawings on this soon... I spoke at Reef Stock a few weeks ago and Joe Yaiullo of Atlantis convinced me to go 36" deep instead of 30" deep... so the tank will be 96" x 70" x 36"... so it's now about 1050 gallons... once I get the drawings finalized I'll have the exact count... say a prayer for me! Our home builder is adding 17 dedicated 20 amp circuits for this tank and the others... including my many quarantine setups... overkill but if I have too many circuits in the fish space that will not be a bad problem. :)

Anyway, we have many nice systems in this club... I travel around and see many clubs... WAMAS is at the top! Graham your tank is beautiful and you my friend can grow some coral!

I've been bugged about an updated FTS, so here it is... you cannot even see rock anymore... I need a bigger tank. :)

180_March_2013_5a_Guam_fish_zps48c522f4.jpg

Again for those asking about info on this system refer here...

http://reefkeeping.c...nk-of-the-month

Thanks for all the kind words fellow WAMAS members. I'll see you all this weekend... we have TWO rockin' speakers.

Copps

That is insane!