Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

Without the ups and downs, ins and outs there would be no learning. I did a lot of research before I started the hobby and the more I get into it the less I know. You have come a long way in a year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Sir.My tank is going in the opposite direction.  :sad:

Thanks! Opposite direction? Explain?

I'm heading in a new direction as well: 2 weeks ago

DSC_0048_zps40adee59.jpg

Last week:

DSC_0034_zpsffc97774.jpg

Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Butterflies!

Are the Anthias also new? 

Your pics are always great, you have done a great job with tour photography. I can't remember, did you finally buy a macro lens? I know you had borrowed one in the past.

Love the Butterflies!

Are the Anthias also new? 

Your pics are always great, you have done a great job with tour photography. I can't remember, did you finally buy a macro lens? I know you had borrowed one in the past.

Thanks! The butterflies have been a big hit. Everybody loves them, and my wife is smitten. I've never seen a fish go over so well in my tank. I'm also incredibly happy with them, and have been on the lookout for a trio for almost 6 months now. 

The anthias are not new, they have been in there for a while, but I guess in the grand scheme of things, fairly new. 

Thanks for the compliment. Some of them are washed out, and I'm trying to figure out colors. My reef is a hodge podge of 3 different fixtures at the moment, so I'll hopefully be able to work some pictures better when I get my light situation how I want it. I am still borrowing a macro lens from my friend every time I want to take pictures. I've kind of commandeered it, but he grabs it back every now and then. 

Thanks all. These are compliments if our local ERC. I told Marcos 6-8 months ago I wanted some pyramids. Marcos called me as soon as they arrived, and I forgot I had mentioned them! Thanks again to them for such AMAZING customer service!

Isaac how many fish you got in the tank now? I would love to add some butterflies in my tank too. Just afraid I'm gonna come back home and find that I'm missing some corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac how many fish you got in the tank now? I would love to add some butterflies in my tank too. Just afraid I'm gonna come back home and find that I'm missing some corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 pyramids

1 copperband

3 anthias

2 clowns

1 hippo

1 yellow tang

1 purple tang

1 Melanurus

1 blue side wrasse

1 missing exquisite wrasse

The pyramids are, in my short short experience 100% reef safe. They did nip at my gorgs though.

Nice selection! How many are you planning to have?

No strong plans yet. I'm moving my system soon, so will stay at this number for now.

it took a few nights, but i made it through. every. single. post. in. this. thread. achievement unlocked!

wonderful journey my friend. ups, downs, intrigue. this thread has it all.

Wow! I can't believe you read it all. I would have just looked at the pictures. Hope you learned something. Hope I learned something, actually.

Dibbs on the Copperband

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

What makes you think I'm getting rid of my fish, ya pirate?