Updated FTS

surf&turf

2012-11-09180353.jpg?t=1352550199

The tank is doing great, I have a little cyano issue that I attribute to RSCP salt. Have since switched to Reef Crystals and it is going away.

Awesome tank! Every colony looks so healthy. I love the Copperband and have one in my QT now. What do you feed him? And is that a gorgonian?

"How did 1500G of saltwater cost THAT much?"

Tank lookes amazing.

Way do you attribute your cyano problem to RSCP salt?

It started a little after I switched to RSCP, I had been using oceanic salt. The more I used it the worse it got. After doing some research, I saw other people having the same issue. I also noticed when I did my water changes the last little bit of water always looked muddy.

Awesome tank! Every colony looks so healthy. I love the Copperband and have one in my QT now. What do you feed him? And is that a gorgonian?

"How did 1500G of saltwater cost THAT much?"

The Copperband loves Jans food, eats it out of my hand. Also loves black worms and mysis. Yes, its a purple gorg.

It started a little after I switched to RSCP, I had been using oceanic salt. The more I used it the worse it got. After doing some research, I saw other people having the same issue. I also noticed when I did my water changes the last little bit of water always looked muddy.

Not doubting you saw what you saw, but it doesn't make sense. Changing the tanks chemistry, which is what happens when you switch salt, could cause it I suppose. But I don't see how salt could do it.

Anyway, great looking tank you have there.

Not doubting you saw what you saw, but it doesn't make sense. Changing the tanks chemistry, which is what happens when you switch salt, could cause it I suppose. But I don't see how salt could do it.

Anyway, great looking tank you have there.

The forums say that the way the salt is processed, leaves alot of dissolved organics in the salt. The bucket that I mixed it in even turned brown.

The corals did great on this salt, I just don't like the little areas of cyano on the sand and a few of the rocks.

Looks great as always Frank, even better in person. Thanks for the monti frag, it looks great in my tank,really bright color.