Viktoria's Tank

Viktoriia

I had a blue hippo in a 29g biocube...it ate pellets and did great for over a yeaR then I moved to a 68g and it did great there for another 4 years.

However it did not grow more than 1-2 inches the entire time.

Had it for 5 years ...very happy colorfull fish...then one day it mysteriously died ...never found the remains ...so dunno why...was my fav fish till date

I used to feed less like twice a week...and just dianichi pellets

I noticed when I fed nori it grew faster ...but I used to mainly do the dianichi which it loved

I hope FTS means full tank shot. These fishes can eat. Not sure how you only fed twice a week your tang. Mine rushes for the feed tube every time. I feed twice a day and she still likes to nip at the macro algae.laugh.gif. We are planning on getting a much larger aquarium. 60x24x20 or so. Most likely we are going with Miracles. Just trying to get a final quote from Great Lakes Aquarium. If all goes well we should have one before the spring.

post-2633205-134749599893_thumb.jpg

post-2633205-134749600029_thumb.jpg

post-2633205-134749600314_thumb.jpg

Sexy radion you have there! :)

If you haven't already, you should also price a standard tank. You can usually get them cheaper than a custom. Plus folks on here, craigslist, and RC unload used tanks all the time for cheap. Close to the dimensions you're considering would be a standard 120g (48x24x25); or a standard 180g (72x24x25). You'd need 2 radions over the 120g, or 3 over the 180g. I think 40g-->120g would be an excellent upgrade. The 120g dimensions are really nice, just like the 40g. Plus you can find them used on a regular basis. The savings would likely pay for your 2nd radion. Just something to consider!

Nice Fts...miracles has some bad@** tanks...

There are few more very reputable builders out there...Like lee mar and Reef savvy

About the tang lol I dunno how I did limited feedings too...I feed twice daily now...because I want more fish waste etc

Previously I did not want fish growing much and they seemed happy with limited feedings...maybe they adapted idk rleally

Ur new build is gonna be fun

• 2 months later...

Yes, congrats. I could tell early on, after meeting you both, that the 40g would only last a little while before the inevitable upgrade. :) Glad you guys went big.

(edited)
post-2633205-0-42961900-1354389632_thumb.jpgHere are a few pictures of our tank progress. First is a 20 gallon QT. We used hyposalinity to kill an ich infestation. Ich 100% gone. I had the fish in Hypo for 10 weeks so far. Everyone is fine and eating healthy. Second we have about 80 pounds of live rock in the blue tub cycling. Last is our 40 Gallon which is fishless currently. We will keep it fishless until the new year. In the picture if anyone can identify this green plant. It looks like Shrek ears. Plant life worms copepods and starfish population has skyrocketed without our wrasse and other fish to pick them off. Edited by Viktoriia

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting to set up the plumbing to connect the overflow to the sump. As far as plumbing cement what can I use? I dont want to cause a big disaster and use the wrong cement to connect the tubes and poison my livestock.

Regarding plumbing cement, I've always had luck with both Oatey PVC All-Purpose Cement (Red Can) and PVC Rain-R-Shine® Blue Cement (Light Blue Can). No need to worry about poisoning your livestock since both cements are recommended for potable water use. Just give the cement time (several hours) to cure prior to use.

Nice looking tank, btw!

Edited by zoozilla

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Here is an update on the tank with all the live rock corals and fish finally in. Still need to hang the Radions and aquascape some more. I will be breaking down the 40 gallon soon. Live Rock, Sand , Stand and Tank so to go on sale. post-2633205-0-61537400-1357089475_thumb.jpgpost-2633205-0-62954200-1357089483_thumb.jpg

Edited by Viktoriia