New

tarunteam

Just saying hi.

I've a fresh water tank for a while, and i finally decided to try my hand at a salt water tank. I currently have a 10 gallon tank with a CPR refugium, about 12 pounds of live rock and one damsel fish. I also have some softies..but not many lol.

Hi

Welcome...in salt water ...the bigger the easier to maintain...it's more forgiving

Plus u can keep lots of cool things

I started with 29 biocube and 8 biocube

Then 70 g

Now 135

...I plan to do 500 but not yet...maybe someday....

Lots of fun and anxious moments in this

I have to agree with everyone... I have been doing SW for a about 10 years now and it is MUCH easier with a larger tank and good equipment...

If and when you are considering an upgrade look on the sale/trade forum for some good buys...

Welcome!

Welcome my friend. I have been into SW for almost a year now. Have a Red Sea Max 130/34 gal.

If you had a kick-a$$ 10g with nice corals and stuff, it would be nicer than many of the larger tanks in these parts.

Master the 10g before moving to a larger tank and you'll find this hobby very easy.

Might want to consider becoming a full member. Lotsa help and goods available from the forums. Update your location too.

Edited by zygote2k

If you had a kick-a$ 10g with nice corals and stuff, it would be nicer than many of the larger tanks in these parts.

Master the 10g before moving to a larger tank and you'll find this hobby very easy.

Might want to consider becoming a full member. Lotsa help and goods available from the forums. Update your location too.

Agreed!

I started with a 55, then 75, now 160. Going larger is so much easier, not that I have ever ran a marine nano! But you do have to move much more water. Everything is just on a bigger scale, and a small oops is really just a small oops. Not an apocalypse! Go slow, and just take your time. Patience in this hobby can be worth more than gold!

Good luck on your 10, we all want to see it become something to envy! :clap:

• 2 months later...

HAHA yea becoming a full member today. Thanks for the support everyone. Im probably gonna be stuck with the 10 gallon till i graduate college due to money being tight. College isss wayyy to expensive. But i ended up opening a pico tank here in my room. Missed my 10 gallon way to much. Anyone here going to VT? haha. But yea when i go back this summer im going to try to get a lot more frags for my 10 gallon tank, and maybe frag some of my 10 gallon tank corals and bring them down here.

We have another member, Sam, who's here on the boards as "L8 2 Rise" and is a student at VT. He keeps a nano at school. Look up some of his more recent threads and you'll probably see the tank.

Welcome to WAMAS!