New Large Tank Build (in Florida)

SteveM

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your overflow have a box on the inside of the tank? I see a bunch of holes in the picture as well as a tooth surface skimmer.

There is no overflow box on the inside of the tank. Only on the outside. The holes are drilled thru the glass and the "teeth" are actually cut out of a thin sheet plexiglass that is affixed to the inside surface of the glass where the holes are drilled. Not sure why it is done that way.

Here is a link to a video of the sump. If anyone has a suggestion as to how to get the water level in the main section a little lower please let me know. I tried taking some water out and also cutting back on the flow from the drains but the water level seems to only go down in the return area of the sump, not the main section.

http://www.m10photography.com/webimages/sump.mp4

Worked all day today on the tank. Got a minor leak fixed in the plumbing near the UV. Then spent the day building the mounting structure for the actuators that will raise and lower my light rack. They work off a remote control and will allow me to raise the lights up when I need to work inside of the tank. Here are a few pics from what was done.

_SGM1989.jpg

_SGM1990.jpg

_SGM1991.jpg

_SGM1993.jpg

_SGM1994.jpg

_SGM1995.jpg

tankbuild13.jpg

Is it the picture or does your overflow run slightly uphill? Seems like that could cause some problems in the future if it is in fact graded uphill with clogging down the line and slow draining.

Other than that, very nice!

Looking really good Steve...cant wait to see it filled, also is nice to see the finishing touches as im getting close to that point too and decided on a very similar look for the trim.....just with the tank was that size (along with the fish room)

Plumbing look very clean....

looking forward to the mermaids shot...i mean you have to be able to fit like 6 in there.

Is it the picture or does your overflow run slightly uphill? Seems like that could cause some problems in the future if it is in fact graded uphill with clogging down the line and slow draining.

Other than that, very nice!

It is just the angle of the pic with the wide angle lens. The drain lines run slightly down hill.

Finished the light rack for the tank. This will attach to the actuators mounted to the walls. This will give me the ability to raise and lower the lights when hen I need to work on the tanks. There is a slight offset to the lights due to the way the tank will be aquascaped.

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

lights3.jpg

Hey Steve! New tank looks killer, doing it right for sure!

Hey Dan! Great to hear from you. It's coming along. Hope to have fish in it soon. Hope you're doing well.

• 4 months later...

HI guys, I'm back for an update. Sorry it's been a while. The tank is up and running and so far so good. Lots of new additions. I have a large coral shipment coming today so more pics to come.

_SGM2104.jpg

_SGM2107.jpg

_SGM2105.jpg

_SGM2106.jpg

_SGM2242.jpg

_SGM2193.jpg

All the corals I have ordered so far are acros. Here are a few of the "test" ones I added a few weeks ago to make sure the system was stable. I also added a small RBT anemone. 

_SGM2698.jpg

_SGM2715.jpg

_SGM2764.jpg

_SGM2757.jpg

Amazing Steve!    Congrats!

are those radions?

Yes, those are Radions. So far they are running great. I have them set to 60% right now and I have a ability to raise and lower them as needed for acclimation. And Thanks!

Looks awesome! So are you going to have 8 lights in pairs or just the 7 shown?

There are 8 Radions as pictured earlier. I had taken one off in the picture due to a minor issue.