Braden's 375 Gallon Total System Volume Build

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I've purchased a couple of nice frags, coral colonies, and a couple of more fish and the tank is starting to really take off. Coralline algae is starting to grow in various parts and copepods and amphipods are everywhere! Pics will be posted soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics! Clams and corals are growing out quite nicely. Still having a bit of a problem with red slime but going to start some GFO to see if that will take care of it. Thanks for looking!

IMG_2952_zps673144d5.jpg

IMG_2953_zps5d299432.jpg

IMG_2954_zps5bdeaefa.jpg

IMG_2955_zpsf300c7ae.jpg

IMG_2957_zps0dbd8d22.jpg

IMG_2958_zps5fff0a3f.jpg

IMG_2960_zps51275f18.jpg

I'm going to let the frags grow out a bit more before i find them a more permanent home. As far as the sand bed, i actually used crushed coral for my substrate thinking that it might balance out my ph swings a bit more but doesn't allow for a sand sifting goby to work the sand. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the rear.

Thanks for the compliments! I'm going to let the micro colonies grow out a bit more on the sand bed and then slowly move them to the rocks. Sooner or later the entire front portion will be full of clams (5-7 or so). Everything is turning out well, now I just need them to grow!!!

Just got my Achilles Tang (and various other fish) in the mail! Hoo-Ray!

:ohmy: Gasp! We need to come see him and bask in his glorious presence! Pics pics pics!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...