Braden's 375 Gallon Total System Volume Build

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up another 3 Hutchii Anthias from Aquatic Obsession in Manassas! I'm always a happy camper when I get the chance to stop off there!

And it looks like I might be getting a couple more females to join the harem. Anybody have any experience with Hutchii's and other anthias? My plan for this tank is to have a swarm of various anthias in it and I want to make sure that they are all compatible.

My frag tank is basically a QT tank right now. All of my frags and coral died in the move so I am literally starting over from square one. The way my schedule has been going, my DT is still a ways off....

I picked up a Bio-Denitrator a while back but have never utilized it. I don't have any experience with these types of units, can anyone tell me if this is a good idea or not? why?

I have an interesting situation with my rocks for my build. I have done a vinegar bath on them and left them out on my deck to dry out. That was about a week ago and I've been quite busy with other things. The quandry is this.... now my rocks are turning brown. They actually look as though they have rust stains on them and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. Has anyone ever seen this?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry it's been so long since an update. There hasn't been much going on. Due to the elevation of the tank vs. sump it may look like i need to do some drilling. I have a ton of other stuff to do but life has really been getting in the way lately. Hopefully I'll have some pics up soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally have a day to spend on the tank and I'm making the most of it. About to cut the power to the house to run the dedicated circuit and already have my panel board up. Will post pics soon!