Braden's 375 Gallon Total System Volume Build

Very nice 'scape. That looks really good!

Thank you very much! Tried to make as many caves and ledges as possible. You and Justin can come over any time to take a look!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good! If you end up with micro bubbles into DT, you might want to reconsider the two 90s from the sump into the Dart. Between them and the down size to 1.5" pipe, there may be some cavitation. Hard to predict until its running so hopefully you are ok but if not, that's a likely cause.

I will defintely keep that in mind. One of the last things that I want is micro bubbles as I've dealt with those before. It's going to take me a couple days to fill the tank and a couple weeks to cycle it and I won't turn on the main pump until that point. We will have to see, just think happy thoughts for me.

They are mostly stacked but there is a bit of epoxy (1 stick or so) that I put in to stop a potential tumble. All in all it seems pretty stable and provides a good amount of infrastructure for reef inhabitants. I used eductors on the four 1" returns and I have two MP40W's on either side set on the "reef crest" setting. I'm already working on a stock list and should have that posted shortly. Anybody have some really nice fish that I should consider?

Here is what I'm thinking about for my SPS dominated tank:

SW - Sailfin/Algae Blenny (Indonesia) - Medium X1

SW - Flame Angelfish (Christmas/Marshalls)- Small X1

SW - Dilectis Dottyback (Sri Lanka) - Medium X1

SW - Lyretail Anthias, Orange, Female (Fiji) X8

SW - Banded Pipefish - Medium X3

SW - Achilles Tang, Juvenile - Medium X1

SW - Orchid Dottyback - Tank-Bred X1

SW - Blue Throat Triggerfish, Male (Indonesia) X1

Blue Throat Triggerfish, Female X1

SW - Cleaner Wrasse, Common (Indonesia) - Medium X2

SW - Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Sri Lanka) - Large X3

Medium Desjardini Tang X1

I also saw a couple of Purple Tilefish at Quantum Reefs the other night and really liked how they look. Steve told me that they were jumpers and I've lost a couple fish that way before. Does anyone have any experience with Purple Tilefish?

I love it love it love it. So excited and cannot wait to see the finished product. As you know I am a great fan of your tank. Very clean plumbing job (Awesome) Very clean setup. This tank will be a great TTOM.

I've heard that about the flame angels but I may be willing to try my luck. Maybe if I put enough SPS in there it can indulge and I'll never notice. I would prefer not to have a nipper but they are very pretty and my wife likes the way they look.

I would be cautious with the triggers. They are said to be reef safe with caution but know that if you get a Acro colony that has a acro crab make sure to remove the crab before putting it into the tank. I have seen both blue jaw and cross hatch triggers destroy amazing acro colonies to get to the crab. And if you are getting an orchid dottyback why not go for a mated pair?

Just my 2cents.

I didn't really think about the acro crabs in a coral colony but that does make sense. I figured that I would have to sacrifice some hermits and snails to their appetites. As far as the mated pair of orchid dottybacks, I've considered that but I'm not sure if I will go that way. I'm not too familiar with them and would have to ensure that the vendor can promise a male and female pair. Thanks for your 2 cents!