Braden's 375 Gallon Total System Volume Build

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one for sale :)

Think I may have found a stock tank for my rock cook! I've never dealt with muriatic acid but I have heard of soaking it in a vinegar solution will work. has anyone else heard of this?

yeah,, someone on here I though had done the vinegar soak? I would prefer that.. less chance of hurting yourself, lol

though you do have to let it soak a bit longer but hey,,, sounds better to me!

Think I may have found a stock tank for my rock cook! I've never dealt with muriatic acid but I have heard of soaking it in a vinegar solution will work. has anyone else heard of this?

Here's one for sale smile.gif

Oops! http://www.wamas.org/forums/topic/50540-150g-black-rubbermaid-stock-tank/page__p__423614__hl__150%20stock__fromsearch__1&?do=findComment&comment=423614 is what I meant!

If you take the precautions (outside, wear a ventilator and some rubber gloves at a minimum), muratic acid is really the way to go. It's safe to use so long as you use it correctly and follow the instructions. Here's the MSDS for info: http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Visual_Art/documents/Muriaticacid.pdf

Why do I look so small in thoes pics? I guess standing next to you, coke bottle glasses giant, and super spaniard I must look like a midget. Plus your dad blame monster tank doesn't help! *walks off crying*

i just hope yuo stayed out of the left lane with that polluting ride of yours....i mean a hummer is better for the environment for the first 10 years, and then when yuo replace your batteries....and it probably woulda fit in the back of the hummer...though the 28 in wheels you would have to run to be cool woulda made loading a pain.

though i bet the car cornered better with all the down force from the wing. haha

wonder if anyone actually realized that was for a fish tank when you drove by not for make jungle juice.

I don't know but I got a lot of horns and funny looks as people went by. It wasn't too bad though. At least I have a stock tank and I can finally start working on cooking my rock!

Man i feel so bad, i could be a help. I just got back in town and so you got lot done. If you still need some help let me know. I am starting some house work on my old house but can always stop by to give you a hand. You still at Woodbridge right? Again I apologize for not able to help.

It's all good Ric! And trust me, there is still a ton left to do. I'm still in Woodbridge, just down the road from where I was. Let me know when good time to stop by is and I'll show you the tank!

Why not just bleach them? 4 hours in a 50/50 bleach solution, let it dry, and put it in fresh water with dechlorinator. Whey may be white when your done but the bleach doesn't eat away at the rock like the acid.