Photos of Radions

Ryan S

That's just really cool. While cool to see, I wonder if there's any real (meaning evidenced) impact to husbandry of the corals, fish and other organisms in our tanks?

I remember when LEDS where first starting to get heavy exposure in reef tanks and a guy had a set up in europe that did that...just because it looks cool i said when that gets to be affordable my tank will have this....haha may have to eat my own words eventually (still think id have metal halides for daylight though :ph34r:

Makes me wish I had a wider to tank to be able to implement this feature. I have the Maxspect P Series lights and they have the same feature (they call if Dawn/Dusk). But with a 30 inch cube, you don't notice it so much!

I have my 453 Blue Cannons to come on 30 mins apart from left to right and then set right to left to turn off 30 mins apart. Its not smooth as that what so ever but I like it and my corals seem to like it. Those pics are just insane like a flip book or something

How many radions is that running?

That's one of the questions that somebody's asked in the thread that hasn't been answered yet....

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20199826#post20199826

Looking at the pictures and how the illumination appears grouped, my guess is four.

I would be interested to know as well. Especially with all the different colored LED's that are coming out. Very cool looking, but also very pricey.

He said earlier today "There are 4 over the 72" tank and the total delay is 1 hour (20 minutes apart)"

He said earlier today "There are 4 over the 72" tank and the total delay is 1 hour (20 minutes apart)"

Question answered! Thanks for the relay, Ron.

I have tried this feature on my tank, which only has 2 radions, and it looks really silly. But on a tank with 3 or 4+ radions, I think it would look pretty cool. I doubt there is any advantage to it. Just like the thunder storm mode. Both are novelties. But still neat I think.