Just join the club today!

bigal20874

I started my reef 7 years ago and I don't even know this club exits :huh:

Actually, I have been in and out of this hobby due to lost job, change job, moving, new baby...etc. Now, I am back to the game again and restart my 75gl slowly. Would like to say Hi to eveyone here.

welcome!

let us know what you have, and what you are looking for, and we'll see what we can do to help you get started.

Also, Hi, and Welcome. Great club. Great people.

I've also been in the hobby for over 10 years--although just recently started my first reef tank and joined. And I also never knew this existed. Wow, have I learned a lot in the past year...

Everyone is VERY helpful and generous...with their time, knowledge, frags, you name it...

Good luck.

Guest alex wlazlak

your frogspawn is enormous!! i like your setup alot.

Welcome bigal. I work in Rockville, MD but my tanks are home in VA. Hope you can find interesting information and assistance on this WEB. It is full of data and resources and great to share and trade. Have Fun ! this is your CLUB.

Hi Doug, Eva, emissary and Caribbean Jake,

thanks for your warm welcome. I have been constantly buying frags from Local and RC (mail order). I have Zoa, Colt, mushroom, GSP and Kenya tree. Since I have been out for a while, I want to have an easy start.

I just realized that I missed the Pool party the other day :bigcry: I don't know how can that happened???

Emissary, I am looking for Red Sea or Pom Pom Xenia, blue/purple mushrooms

and anthelia, do you have any? I have the elenage (SP?) xenia from dhoch already. PLMK.

Anyone, if any others frags available please let me know since I am still in the process to fill my tank. My goal is to have a mixed reef with SPS and softies. Thanks. ;)

Emissary, I am looking for Red Sea or Pom Pom Xenia, blue/purple mushrooms

and anthelia, do you have any? I have the elenage (SP?) xenia from dhoch already. PLMK.

Hmm... I think I do not have the pom pom kind. Check out my picture pages (link at the bottom of every one of my posts). The newest pictures are in the tank-in-wall album.

BG - try to make plans to stop by for the tank tour on August 13th. There are 3 tanks in the Gaithersburg area on the tour. I'll have some frags available and maybe Sharon & Peter might as well.

Hi Sharon,

I'll have one pretty big rock with a cabbage and a long polyped leather on it and I think there might be a kenya tree hanging on it too, some frags of the orange gorg and there's something else in the softy group that I know I'm forgetting. I'll also have probably about 13 or so SPS frags not including lots of orange and purple digi frags from the back tank. I might even sell the small red wrasse but I haven't decided for sure on that.

Hey, Eve--

What kind of frags are you gonna have? :D

35797[/snapback]

Cool!!

Hey, do you think that we should split the tour into time slots? A couple or 3 hours at each house--that way we don't have to hang around all day...and besides, I wanted to see Peter's tank..

Sharon

Sure - I'll e-mail Peter and get back to you later.

Cool!!

Hey, do you think that we should split the tour into time slots? A couple or 3 hours at each house--that way we don't have to hang around all day...and besides, I wanted to see Peter's tank..

Sharon

35805[/snapback]

BG - try to make plans to stop by for the tank tour on August 13th.  There are 3 tanks in the Gaithersburg area on the tour.  I'll have some frags available and maybe Sharon & Peter might as well.

35793[/snapback]

Eve, I definity will try my best to stop by since we're so close by. Can you advise me how the tank tour work? Do I just stop by at your house or should I call ahead?

BG - Anyone can just stop by during the approximate hours listed (i.e., my time is 1-3:00 pm but I won't refuse to answer the door at 3:15 pm :-). I'm going to update the original thread on the Members Discussion board (see Tank Tour Correction ...) on Monday or Tuesday. Here's the schedule for this weekend:

Saturday August 13th

Peter Poggi

12413 Triple Crown Road

North Potomac, Maryland 20878

(301) 330-3196

3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Sharon Eppler

18600 Reliant Drive

Gaithersburg MD 20879

12noon to 2pm

From 495, take Georgia Avenue North

(rt. 97); after approximately 20 minutes make a left at the light at Norbeck Road (rt. 28). Make an immediate right onto Muncaster Mill Road. (rt. 115). Continue on Muncaster Mill Road for 4.8 miles and then make a right at the light at Airpark Road. Go 1 mile and make a right at the light at Stratos Lane. Go to the end of Stratos and make a left onto Reliant Drive. The house will be straight ahead at 18600 Reliant Drive.

From 270, exit onto 370 east. (exit 9A) Take 370 until it ends and then take Shady Grove Road east. (not to the metro station). Take Shady Grove Road until it crosses over Muncaster Mill and becomes Airpark Road. Follow directions from above.

Eve Grant (Eve)

18924 Lindenhouse Road (off Goshen Road between Mid-County Highway & Centerway Road)

Gaithersburg, Maryland

(301) 963-6717

1:00 - 3:00 pm

Sunday August 14th

1:00 - 5:00

Luke Chenevert (craby)

4850 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Apt # 1016

Washington, DC 20008

703-376-4496

70 gal tall w/ 29 gal sump. Tunze Turbelle's, 1/2" Sea swirl on Iwaki 55 return, 1/5 HP chiller, Tunze skimmer, CA & kalk reactor's.

We all hope to see you!

"Just popping in to say hi to Al."

Hi SM - didn't mean to ignore you :-)