March 2012 Video

rocko918

(edited)

I run 3 250w 20k radiums, with 2 6 ft vho actinics

temp is a little low right now, left the window open over night.

temp 78-83

ph 7.9- 8.2

alk 11 I like to run it high

mag 1250

salinity 1.026

Dose kalk with auto topoff thru the kalk reactor

Dose with a calicum reactor

Dose BRS mag to keep the magnesium up thru a dose controller with my ac3

I am old school. big skimmer and a fuge.

Edited by rocko918

Very similar to how i like to run min cept i like a lower alk and have biopellets...

do you usually keep your mag that low or?? maybe i just like high mg..im more 1400s.

also have you ever had problems with your zoa's growth...i used to keep my alk up around 10.5 and got terrible growth and would see the famed melting alot....started biopellets and went lower aiming for around 8.5-9...things started getting better and dont have any that melt anymore..

20k radium i think is the best bulb out there...

i dont try to keep the mag that low. I just increased the time from 1 min to 2 mins on the dosing pump. I would like it to be 1300+ . i have not tested it since i changed the time on the pump, which was about 2 weeks ago. So i will also test that.

I have great growth on my zoas, never had a problem with that, except when the hippo tang was eating them for a snack.

That is a top notch tank you have there. Nice work Bob.

I need to come see it in person. What are your hours?

Only if your tank is setup as you will be going home with some corals!

I will shoot you a PM.

Man, your tank looks amazing! I love that plating acro (efflo?) at the top. Don't see one's that big often.

Thanks guys,

That is my tyree $500 efflo. it is huge.

........I have great growth on my zoas, never had a problem with that, except when the hippo tang was eating them for a snack.

Now you're just posting that to be snarky :laugh: I never can get zoas to grow or even survive.........I even killed ones Gadgets promised me "couldn't be killed" :wacko:

Man, your tank looks amazing! I love that plating acro (efflo?) at the top. Don't see one's that big often.

That's what I was thinking...........if that was me I'd stick my hand in the tank and ..............crack, whump, !@#$%^@#$%^@#$% :laugh:

Seriously, looks real nice!

I went to see Bob yesterday. This video does not do the tank justice, not even close.

It was good to catch up Bob, it's been too long.

Thanks again for the frags, I hope I can make them thrive like they do in your system.

-Rik