eclipses 40 breeder build

Dr.eclipse

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a finnex T5 unit. It has 4 T5 bulbs and a strip of 15 1watt blue LEDs, My tank still has some shimmer to it (not like MH). Led shimmer doesnt look nearly as good as MH shimmer. I have been very pleased with my unit. Do I think its as powerful as an ATi, maybe not, but for a fraction of the price and it comes with built in LEDs, still uses individual reflectors. I use a 36" version (4x 39w w/15 LEDs) on my 48x18x18 tank and it does a great job. I oredered from Premium aquatics (vendor member), I got the unit there for almost a $100 than aquacave or some other places..

well being that i only paid 40 bucks for the sunpod im not too bummed i broke it.

ive been looking into the AI sol units. theyre a bit pricey, but being that i have zero other expenses to pay, i can save up pretty easily.

<br />I use a finnex T5 unit. It has 4 T5 bulbs and a strip of 15 1watt blue LEDs, My tank still has some shimmer to it (not like MH). Led shimmer doesnt look nearly as good as MH shimmer. I have been very pleased with my unit. Do I think its as powerful as an ATi, maybe not, but for a fraction of the price and it comes with built in LEDs, still uses individual reflectors. I use a 36" version (4x 39w w/15 LEDs) on my 48x18x18 tank and it does a great job. I oredered from Premium aquatics (vendor member), I got the unit there for almost a $100 than aquacave or some other places..<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I feel that the shimmer my Radion provides in on par with a 250w MH, I don't notice any difference at all, except for the reflection of colors across my ceiling....

so what light fixture would you recommend?

i was thinking if i went T5, i would either get teklight elite, or and ATI.

any thoughts on MH/T5 combo brand?

I am not able to recommend anything since I have only used old equipment since I am a poor man. I did just get two ALMOST new ballasts though... Which are lumateks, and I would say they are nice. I am just going by what I have seen from peoples tanks and pictures.

I looked long and hard for my light. Started out only wanting LEDs but ended up with a tried and true MH Sunpod. From what I gathered if you don't get a Radion(was too expensive for my blood), the next best thing is the Mazarra P-Series IMO. The wiring, controller, and mount is less than perfect but the light spectrum is far better than most. They run 5w Crees as well as a 420/460nm Actinic LED. If the total setup of the P-series is too expensive check out their X-Series. Slightly different LEDs but kinda close to the P-Series.

I would stay away from the SOL. It was my first choice for looks and price but there are alot of horror stories about it because it doesn't have the spectrum needed.

i was looking into the radion but i didnt know it one would be good enough for a 40b. because i dont want to spend freakin almost 1900 dollars on 2 LOL

Marinescene has a single radion over a 40b. Check out their setup before giving up on a single Radion.

+1

Aquarium One in Rockville has a single Radion over a 60 cube (as I do), and it seems to be doing very well.

I didn't find any bad reviews on the fixture but then again I didnt find any real reviews on the fixture. I don't like it because you can't dim it therefore you are stuck with its color. At least with the Sunpod you have you can change bulbs if you want different looks. I still say fix the Sunpod.

If you want to go LEDs, then buy a radion. Otherwise you're wasting your money.

Unless you buy the Maxspect P Series that is even better then the Radions!

so my dads tearing down his tank, so hes splitting up the livestock between me and my brother.

my brother is going to get most of the stuff.

but im gonna get a firefish, maybe 2 damsels, a large monti piece, a maxi mini(on a large rock), a bunch of different zoas, about 7-10 pounds of tonga rock. and some other stuff.

the rocks im getting look great and should fit nicely in my tank

all the rest of the stuff will be going to my brothers 45 cube he bought on sunday.

GOOD NEWS!

the sunpod(that "broke") was actually not broke! it works and is over my tank now.

also i put an egg cover on my tank.

i just banished my emerald crab to the sump, he was eating my torch. i dont blame him, theres really not that much algae in the tank now.