Neto's 20 gallon Shallow Reef

Neto

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks! yeah i have been buying alot lately, I have even more corals now. My plan is to stock it now and let everything grow. I wont be adding anything later on to avoid pests.

Nice looking tank. Wish I could set up the 24x24x9 I have sitting in my parents basement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I will take a fts later this week. I just came back from vacations and tank is still settling.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Some of the SPS's are very pale due to a low alk incident I had recently but they are starting to go back up. Also I have some aiptasia problem on some of the rocks, yesterday I added a peppermint shrimp and hopefully that will take care of it!

My plan is to not add any more coral so that I dont introduce any pests to the system.

Edited by Neto

Your tank is a beauty.  It's amazing to see the difference from page 1 where you're asking about the goo growing on the sandbed to now. 

Your tank is a beauty. It's amazing to see the difference from page 1 where you're asking about the goo growing on the sandbed to now.

Yeah, i had lots of problems ( still do ) along the way, that one being the most challenging! I think its all part of the learning curve and patience to solve a problem!

Looks great! What size is that,a 20 long? As for coral pests,could use a dip..of course no help for aptasia..xcept peppermint shrimp or 1 of several remedies...

Looks great! What size is that,a 20 long? As for coral pests,could use a dip..of course no help for aptasia..xcept peppermint shrimp or 1 of several remedies...

Thanks, this is a custom shallow tank (24" x 24" x 9"). Which coral pests are you talking about?

As for the aiptasia I have tried everything from Joe's Juice, Aipasia X, kalk paste, vinegar, boiling water and they always come back... The only thing that works is peppermint shrimps but they always come back if my peppermint dies.