Help moving large tank

Sharkey18

Hey everyone,

Watson-Barrett and I are hoping to get enough people together to move his 300 g system from his house in Waldorf MD to my house in Arlington VA on Saturday Dec. 3rd.

Anyone able to help would be much appreciated!

Laura

Hi All,

Just joined WAMAS tonight via the advice of a friend.

J - I live in Arlington as well...sounds like a big move, so if you need any more muscle on the Arlington side, just let me know!

Hello Soccer and welcome to WAMAS! I have to say that I am quite impressed. You joined and the first post you make is an offer of assistance for a fellow reefer. You will fit in very nicely around here!

P.S. Nice looking nano!

Edited by YBeNormal

Hey everyone,

So we are still planning on moving this tank on Saturday. We are planning on gathering at Adam's (Watson - Barrett) house Saturday at 11am. It seems we are a little light on the Waldorf side so if anyone can join us it would be appreciated!

I'm going to PM people who might be able to help in Arlington to confirm.

The stand needs to be reassembled at my house so we are not moving the tank into its final location yet. Just need to get it into my house for now.

Thanks so much to everyone who has offered to help. Beer, Pizza and my undying gratitude will be available.

Laura

Ok so the move is ON for tomorrow!

Meeting at Adams in Waldorf at 11. Hoping to be back in Arlington between 1 and 2 pm.

My address in Arlington is 1717 S. George Mason Dr. We only need to move the tank into the house, so it shouldn't take too long.

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Laura

I can help on the Waldorf side but I have a oven repairman at 12PM, so it would have to be 11AM sharp. I also have a trailer if needed. You can borrow the trailer even if you have enough help. 301.705.5530

Ok, tank is on the truck and will be heading to Arlington shortly. Anyone who can help on the Arlington side we are planning on being ready to move it into my house around 2:30 pm. Pizza and beer starting at 2pm.

Waldorf side went well but took 8 guys!!

Laura

I have been working on my tank all morning, and just finished up. If you need help when you get to arlington let me know, but it will be a 40min drive for me to get there.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who helped move the monster tank from Adam's (Watson-Barrett) to my house (Sharkey18) yesterday. It was an awesome group effort, requiring 8 people on each end. Adam made a ramp that we used on each end and the rest was done with pure muscle and ingenuity. We (and by "we" I mean "they"....) removed a few doors, dragged a few blankets, and rolled on some PVC to get the tank into my fish room. The stand I had built for a 180g needs to be enlarged for the 300g so it will still be awhile before the tank is moved into it's final location.

Special thanks to:

Adam for all the work he did on his end and the help he gave in Arlington.

RJT who helped in Waldorf and

Swimboy123 who helped in Arlington

I would have no chance at a dream tank like this without the help from the members of this club.

Now: on to the build thread!

IMG_1202.jpg

Rolling on the ramp in Waldorf

IMG_1203.jpg

Time to lift!

IMG_1204.jpg

Carrying to ramp in Arlington!

IMG_1206.jpg

From ramp to blanket slider...

IMG_1208.jpg

Temporary resting place until the stand is enlarged.