Helping moving large tank in Stafford.

roni

My new 270 is heavy...very heavy. My normal MO of asking 2-3 friends isn't going to suffice for moving this tank. Is there anyone that would be able to help move this into place one evening? I think 10 people would be necessary to be safe. Also, if anyone has suction cups or other moving equipment, that would really help.

The tank and crate weighed about 1000 lbs. I think the tank is right around 800 lbs.

depending on when it is, i should be able to make it down there. as long as its a day off. you might want to talk to lowes or HD and see if anyone rents those suction cups. I also saw them for sale for like $5 each on harbor freight.

Thanks everyone. If I were to try to do this the Sunday afternoon of Thanksgiving weekend, would people be able to make it? Next weekend would have been perfect but I'm headed out of town for a conference :(

Thanks everyone. If I were to try to do this the Sunday afternoon of Thanksgiving weekend, would people be able to make it? Next weekend would have been perfect but I'm headed out of town for a conference :(

I should be available on Sunday, or any evening since my new business is only a few miles from your house.

Thanks!

So far for that Sunday:

Banky

Jon and Maureen (maybe)

Darren (maybe)

I have a couple people from the Richmond group that may be able to help out too.

I may be able to do that day, I can definitely do that Saturday 11/26.

Let me make sure that my wife doesn't have anything planned for us. I will get back to you.

Thanks guys. Trying to avoid that Saturday since people may still have family in town for Thanksgiving. BTW, the menu will be delicious kabobs from this local place as well as pizza and drinks :)

I am a possible, its my wifes bday weekend and i have a suprise for her that sunday but its very weather dependent so put me down as a very strong possibility (especially since we would drive right past you)

most likely it will be to cold for the planned outing and i will be able to help but not sure just yet.

Evan,

Appreciate it but definitely don't want to disrupt birthday plans with your wife :)

So far, it looks like:

Banky

Jon and Maureen

Tom

Maybe:

Darren

Evan

Chad

Frank?

Got a few people from the Richmond club as well. I think 10 people should be able to move this relatively comfortably. Please confirm whenever you know for sure. If we look like we won't have enough people to do this safely, will try to figure out a new time.

Are you still looking at Sunday for the day?

Yeah. I think Saturday would be tough for everyone with their families around. I think my in laws will also be there saturday. If I scheduled a big tank activity while they were there, I may end up having to put the tank in the backyard and living in it ;)

Just bumping this up. Any other people available? Again, the time is 11/27 at around 1:00-1:30. Want to make sure we've got enough people to be safe; otherwise I'll move the time/date.