Marisa & Justin's Fish Room

SunWyrm

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must...finish...foam rock wall....

So sorry for keeping you waiting, I only have my last section left but was home sick the last few days. Finishing it up tomorrow! pics to follow soon I promise!

We moved the tanks into place Friday and I've been sitting in my tank with my dremmel and foam cans ever since.

Sealant is some crazy stuff! the foam doesn't smell too bad but my husband put a fan by just in case ;) I'm working on the pics right now. I'll at least have some to tide you over til tomorrow!

Thanks! Can't wait to see algae on it. You guys have any thoughts on free standing architecture? I have a lot of sand space (which I think is great!) but I definitely have space for some interesting designs. What are some of your guys' favorite structures in a reef tank?

My little helper didn't like when I was sitting in the tank and he couldn't get to me lol.

I think with the rock wall in the back, you could go light on the rockwork in the sand bed. Just extend what you are doing on the wall out in the tank in some places and maybe a structure in the very center and it should look awesome.

Edited by surf&turf

We took your advice and added a part of the wall on the unfinished side that extends out quite a bit. It is now 60% full with water and we'll be taking pictures this evening and uploading them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...