Marisa & Justin's Fish Room

SunWyrm

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than it's pretty emtpy and dead and I'm looking at getting out soon? :sad:

Not totally empty, but there's not a whole lot. My herb gang is down to 5, I lost my Orange shoulder, male clown, male mandarin, and all the tusks I tried... haven't seen my porcupine since I got back from vacation. Most of my corals are gone, but somehow my ****** haddoni is still chillin in my overflow. Those same overflows that I can't keep my dark lionfish from getting into NONstop.

I'm pretty bummed, but we're talking about moving up to Maine and replacing this hobby with horses, chickens, and a spectacular view so there's that to look forward to. I might keep a small tank..   :wub:

I've never sold or gotten rid of anything, so totally clearing out all is pretty daunting, especially when it's such a large tank, and such demanding (read spoiled) livestock that I'm very sad to part with, esp my "racing herb gang"... and "Princess" my snowflake eel... and even my crazy damsel pair! But there's no way I'd subject them to a move of those proportions, or the potential power outtages and cold of Maine.

Also, I have no idea how to get everybody out with that stupid rockwall. I'll have to drain it to get out anything. Don't get me wrong, I still adore the wall, (looks even better now!) but there's too many holes and I'll probably lose fish like I did the first time I emptied it (the firefish were never seen again.)

I almost just want to sell it all with the house!

But seriously, even if we stay in Virginia I need to cut back. I LOVE my tank and thinking about all this is killing me, but I can't keep up with it, and my job. And if I give up work then I can't afford the tank...

Is very sad, but feels nice to say it all finally... But that doesn't really help what I have to do now.

Sorry to hear this Marisa, horses and chickens can be fun to, but I find it hard to stay away from fish tanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Talked with Steve at Quantum Reefs on Friday about my tank depression. He's like a reef therapist, with the couch and everything. Anyways, I'm back in the game, at least for now. I'm sure there will be some back and forth on this, so bear with me. But I feel much better about finishing the build and keeping my fish happy for as long as I can.

So how about a full tank shot? (Sorry for the quality, imgur won't load my edit for some reason) I'm trying not to be too embarrassed.

HnzZcy4.jpg

Wow you have some big, pretty fish!

And it gets daunting when we hit a plateau, with anything (mine is weightless,lol)

So just try and work through it, and set small goals for what you want to achieve every few weeks :)

Your on the right track ....

For all the bad pic quality, algae, blue lights, corals closed for the night, and even the chinese soup cup for some rics... it's still a pretty sweet tank imo.  :wub:

Thanks smallreef, that really helps. And they are pretty big ;) they're definitely the stars of the tank. It's pretty nuts thinking of how small that rabbitfish used to be when I first got him from SteveOutlaw! 

Lol surf, you don't want to know how long I've left it in there! I'm sure those rics have been attached and ready to go for awhile now...

Changed my forum name... At least its pronounceable now right?

Removed the soup-cup finally and glued the rics to the rocks in the same place. Took out a lot of the old coral skeletons and put them all in the sump... And setup a sexy new MP40! So much nicer, it's definitely worth it.

Water change this weekend! If I say it on here maybe I'll actually do it...

You MUST make time for that water change now that you have that cool powerhead!

I'm putting my new tank on the stand today before my husband leaves again so it has to be done...so I feel ya!

The only way your going to be happy with your tank is doing the small things that will help to change its path :)

(Not that a water change on that size tank is easy, but atleast you don't have to take rock or fish out,lol)

Definitely smallreef! And thanks everybody, your support is really helping. I'm getting back into my daily routines with the tank pretty smoothly. Feels nice.

Definitely smallreef! And thanks everybody, your support is really helping. I'm getting back into my daily routines with the tank pretty smoothly. Feels nice.

Awesome!!

• 1 month later...

Back on the ball! Especially with all the new fish and frags I've gotten recently. Algae wiped the 180, gonna dive in the 360 again tomorrow. Nice water change planned for this weekend, and a bunch of fun maintenance. Things are looking great!

New fish include 3 awesome little chalk basslets, a gorgeous vlamingi tang, 3 bartlett anthias, and a marine betta that's hiding but doing well as of last time I saw him :blink: lol. There's too many caves!

Got a bunch of sps from Bruce yesterday (thanks again!) and at least one side of my tank is starting to look a little more full lol.

I promise I'll take some nice pics on Monday, hold me to it!

When I got them, they were a group in another member's tank, but when I put them in my tank I now have 2 on one side each in their own cave, and one all the way on the other end chillin' with the anthias.

I'm considering adding 3 or more for a bigger group - maybe that'll get them all back together?

Their colors are stunning! Google images just doesn't do them any justice lol, and they're incredibly people friendly - they were up front begging for food the day after I got them.

• 4 months later...

Well everything's doing great considering I'm neglecting it again. We have 11 chalk bass now, great group and doing well - they all stay on one side of the tank that looked so empty before. 

I'm back in the zone where I'm busy with work and too tired when I come home to clean the glass and do maintenance. I really need to get on the tank here soon and do more work with setting up the ATO and fixing a few other things on my to do list. Hoping to really hit it in the next couple weekends.

I'll have to update my fish list soon and take more pics. I'm pretty much done on adding fish, a couple fish I'd like to add if I see them, but otherwise we're stocked :happy: and everything's happy!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I guess it's time I answered and updated. 

The bad news - I'm moving to Herndon at the end of the month, and the 360g won't fit down the stairs in the new house (or in a window as Zygote2k suggested in another thread :happy:)

The good news -  I absolutely love the house enough to downsize, which debateably, I've needed to do for quite some time. And really, a 180 display isn't that small...