Marisa & Justin's Fish Room

SunWyrm

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, another option would be to take out the wall on the left side as you are going down the stairs, unless there is a lolly column right at the end. Then the last turn at the bottom would not be a factor. Or as I PM'ed you it would be easy to install an ingress/ egress window with a window well. From the amount of light coming through the window it looks like that window is not below grade to begin with so you may not even be installing a huge window well.

The window is also at the ceiling which tells me there probably is not a masonry lintel on top. This would make it easier and cheaper to enlarge the window.

Lol thanks Duffy. Maybe in the future, when we start thinking of upgrading again! (Not if, but when!)

Going through old pics and I realized, my idea for my new 180g aquascape hails back to my first saltwater tank:

181543_10150179352639554_1091675_n.jpg?o

Including seeing it from both sides.

180645_10150179352559554_7976542_n.jpg?o

Edited by SunWyrm

• 3 months later...

I'm hanging on to the hobby by a thread and really considering getting out completely. Lost all my fish but two damsels (of course, right?) in the move a few months ago and haven't been able to even think about it for awhile. Most of my corals wiped out as well; just such a devastating loss and I'm really heartbroken and can't help but feel it was all my fault that everything died. If I had just listened to my mom when she told me to sell them all and buy new ones after the move... But no, I thought, I love all my fish and want to keep them. It's a horrible feeling thinking you're responsible for the deaths of little creatures in your care. 

Anyway that's my sad little update. I doubt I'll ever have a "fish room" again or even a big tank but it was amazing while it lasted. I don't even have the time or motivation to do water changes on my tiny 8g. I wasn't even going to post any of this, but Jenn's post about her wrasse made it all come back and I thought it might help me move on if I talk about it on here. 

I'm hanging on to the hobby by a thread and really considering getting out completely. Lost all my fish but two damsels (of course, right?) in the move a few months ago and haven't been able to even think about it for awhile. Most of my corals wiped out as well; just such a devastating loss and I'm really heartbroken and can't help but feel it was all my fault that everything died. If I had just listened to my mom when she told me to sell them all and buy new ones after the move... But no, I thought, I love all my fish and want to keep them. It's a horrible feeling thinking you're responsible for the deaths of little creatures in your care. Anyway that's my sad little update. I doubt I'll ever have a "fish room" again or even a big tank but it was amazing while it lasted. I don't even have the time or motivation to do water changes on my tiny 8g. I wasn't even going to post any of this, but Jenn's post about her wrasse made it all come back and I thought it might help me move on if I talk about it on here. 

Sorry to hear that. A move is never easy on the critters or their caretakers.