controller help

sydney

I'm about to purchase a Neptune controller but I don't no which one to get. I will be using a cal reactor,pumps , lights , and kalk reactor with ATO. I no bigger is better. But if I can get away with using the JR or lite I can save some $$$

do yourself a favor and wait for a sale then get the full Apex. You'll love the 2 ph probes so you can monitor your tank ph and the ph of your Ca reactor. Plus you won't have to buy add on's. The JR really isn't even worth it in my eyes, it just lacks too many features.

ACIII works just fine for me with a CA reactor.....id love an apex to say i have one but the ACIII works just fine.

you can pick them up used fairly cheaply

only thing i needed was a DC2 for my lights as they kept having interference problems and would turn on and off randomly (problem fixed with DC2)

you could used a JR no problem, technically right now i only have one ph probe that works (the one in the CaRx) and its dialed in so i dont really need the one in the tank (it reads 76ph now that it died)....i like having one in the tank as well because you can put a safety in where if the ph goes haywire you can shut off the CO2 but.

id strongly suggest and ACIII over a JR.....apex if you can swing it cause it has some cool features but the ACIII is a workhorse.

i think the light version only comes with the ability for 1 ph probe where the full comes with 2. just a thing to think about if your going to run a CaRx 2 ph probes is nice (not necessary but nice)

Get a used AC-III or an Apex, if you have the budget.

+1. The AC3 can handle 2 pH probes. It can do everything you said you wanted and more.

If you want to spend more and get the latest and greatest go for it but you can get a used AC3 from someone else who just wants the latest and greatest and save a decent chunk of cash.

I'm very happy with the AC3. I've found that there's a sweet spot between function and price if I stay one generation behind Neptune's leading edge model. Right now the AC3 does everything I need. Perhaps I'll upgrade to the Apex once the post-Apex model is developed and everyone is sellng their Apexes to upgrade.

The only feature the Apex has that I might want is LED dimming. But there's a work around with an AC3 and an Aquasurf.