Tanked,

quazi

Already saw the first episode...seems like it has some potential...was really neat to seem them pick up their livestock at the import center/wholesaler...

There was a really nice tank in the people's homes but I wasn't a huge fan of the car tank. The show also seems a bit scripted and i wish it had a better flow to it. Having said that, it's about fish tanks so yeah, I'm going to watch it.

Saw the show the other week as well, it was like a sneak peak or something, that same episode is on after the premiere toworrow night. I agree one of the coolest parts of the show was the fish importer place, it was a huge warehouse filled with livestock.

I also agree Braden in that appeard to be really scripted. Alot of new shows feel that way though, so maybe it will get better as time goes by. I didnt like the car tank either, for the size that the car was, the tank looked really really small. Theres was also the fact that they said the tank was made a delivered in one week, as all of us know, theres no freakin way. For one they had to build the actual tank to fit inside the car, I would have taken a week worth of measurements alone. The other part was the paint job on the car, Theres not a chance that that old rust bucket was prepped and painted in less then a week. I dont understand why shows feel the need to fake reality tv.

The main part of the show I didnt like was the fact that all the tanks I saw were fish only tanks. While large FO can be really really nice, I perfer a smaller tank full of coral.

Edited by FearTheTerps

Nice to see that they showed a little about QT systems and actually gave info on why they were doing it, I just hope the show can keep pointing out things like that so people can learn while they watch it.

It's crap. Kinda like Jersey Shore meets Orange County Choppers meets Anna Nicole. It's crap.

If you want a good tank reality show, watch "LA fishguy" on Youtube. Much more down to earth and pretty nice set-ups too.

Saw the first episode and liked the show so I'll definitely will be following it. Even got the DVR set to record incase I miss it. :)

I feel a little dumber having watched this. I at least expected some look at how they were setting these tanks up and some cool reefs. This is basically catering to the Jersey Shore crowd with a bunch of fake props and overcrowded tanks. It's kind of sad.

Edited by roni

OMG Really? That phone booth tank is just asking for trouble. I cant believe the amount of fish they put in there, there had to well over 100. How the H-E-double hockey sticks are they going to get all the fish outta there when they die? Its ridiculous, I dont know whats worse, putting half a dozen yellow tangs in a 2 foot tank, or putting about 75 damsels all in one tank.

Its kinda sad really, I thought maybe certain parts of the show were "faked" as in they edited the timeline of everything. Like they would come back a few weeks later and add stuff, but make it appear it was done all at once. I really hope this is the case, I dont know how you add 100+ fish to a new tank and expect them to survive, or on the mob with all the fish waiting to go in. Who in their right mind would order fish before you even put water in the tank? There's no way it was true that they filled the tank with 90 degree water, added ice and salt then added the fish an hour later? Please be kidding me, There had to be thousand and thousands of dollars worth of fish in the mob tank. I keep saying to myself that is fake, and edited that way, but when you see 30 boxes of fish sitting next to the tank it just makes you wonder.

It looks like my intial thoughts about this show were right, I think we are all going to hate it, but I'm not so sure about the general public. All they will see is a nice clean new tank with lots of pretty fish, but unforunately we know the sad truth, Soon most of those will be dead because of poor care, and downright stupidity. I love seeing nice large tanks with lots of livestock, but these guys just go about it all wrong.

Edited by FearTheTerps

Sad to say people are going to be setting up tanks the wrong way if this show is on or not. I think a there is a lot of us that can say they started out the wrong way, only hopes can be that people eventually learn.

I would hope the filtration they have for the tanks would be good enough for what they build, all that money and you would think so. I think the second show wasn't too good but its just entertainment, more for people who don't know much about it.

LOL, you crack me up, Rob!!!

It's crap. Kinda like Jersey Shore meets Orange County Choppers meets Anna Nicole. It's crap.

If you want a good tank reality show, watch "LA fishguy" on Youtube. Much more down to earth and pretty nice set-ups too.

This worries me, these guys are going to cause thousands of fish to die. People will think they can they anything they want into a bucket of water. This will put even more burdon on the reefs, especially the more rare fish. When people think they can cut corners on equipment, they will just spend more on expensive fish. I haven't even seen the show, and I know lots of people are going to think they are pro's. For those of us that try to show them reality, we will be scoffed at and ignored. Its just sad. I really feel for the guys who do this for a living. I've had plenty of people ask me about my tank, and how much would it cost to set one up like it. I usually tell them (if I know them), and they freak. But these guys are just going to argue that they would be getting ripped off, and we would be wasting time. I hope they make that show more realistic.

I think there will be a lot of dead live stock because of this show. People are going to be setting up tanks left and right the wrong way.

these guys cater to rich people with expendable income. i doubt we will see tanks left and right with regular people like us.

these guys cater to rich people with expendable income. i doubt we will see tanks left and right with regular people like us.

I doubt we will really notice it as well, but just think of the craze that happended with finding nemo. How many people went out and a bought a ten gallon tank and put a cute lil nemo fish in fresh water and wondered why he was dead the next morning.

These guys are kinda like a double edge sword, they give some good advice which makes them seem credible. And then they throw 100 in a brand new tank :angry: Of course putting 20 sharks in a tank before they decorated it didnt make them look too bright either.