Motti's 14 gallon biocube

motti

Hi everybody.

I am going to start a tank journal for my new 14 gallon biocube. The goal is to share my experience with a nano tank with the rest of you and also to keep track of my tank as it progress.

Equipment:

Bio cube 14 gallon with stand

Korela nano

Replaced stock pump with maxijet 900

Rapid led 12 les retro kit ( im thinking of buying the 6 led actinic supplements since I think the color is a little too white)

Auto top off to keep salinity levels

Fish:

Percula clownfish

Strawberry dottyback

Yellow watchman goby

Corals:

I'll need some help IDing everything but it's a mixed reef some sps, Lps, zoas softies

187e32ce-ea53-d14f.jpg

187e32ce-ea79-7b77.jpg

187e32ce-ea93-b02e.jpg

187e32ce-eaac-3dbd.jpg

187e32ce-eac1-d655.jpg

187e32ce-eadf-ec16.jpg

187e32ce-eaf8-b472.jpg

187e32ce-eb12-2b40.jpg

187e32ce-eb27-ddbc.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Haven't updated this thread since i created it.

Since the last update, i had a pretty bad algea outbreak, followed up by a chemical war between 2 sps colonies which left one dead and the other half dead. After all of that, when I moved in the end of february I have last the rest of the SPS most of the fish, shrimps and some other little frags.

Since then everything has been getting a little better.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd add an auto top off system (some sort of small pump, controller that senses water level to turn on or shut off the pump, plumbing, and a small water holding tank). This should keep your water level consistent enough for a skimmer.

I have a biocube 14 in my dorm at school and I can tell you that the avast nano ATO bracket will fit in the 3rd chamber (where the water level will drop). It keeps the water level within 1/2" which is super tight tolerance. As for a skimmer, I would check out the gnome glass skimmers, they're super cool and will fit in the second chamber of the BC14

• 4 weeks later...

Cool little nano, an insparation to other 14 gallons. I look forward to seeing your progress, keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have the ATo system that BRF sells. I ended up selling that nano few months back, and I am currently own a red sea max 34, might open a thread for it down the road, pretty much moved everything that survived to the new tank