Frag Fest Thank Yous

FearTheTerps

Once again, thanks to all the officers for all that do for the club, I cant imagine how much of your free times goes into planning an event like we had today.

Thanks to all the vendors that donated prizes for the raffles, and corals for the fragging demos. It was very neat watching Kyle from Pacific East showing how they frag with the little band saw, even letting us newbs run it too. I thought I was going to get a LE Doug Thumb frag watching him using that tile saw. :biggrin:

The fragging demos were great, I have lots of pictures that I took that I'll share later. Right now Im busy acclimating all the stuff I got today. Thanks to all the memebers that were helping with the frags, Doug, Chip, Carla, Kevin, Christina, Scott, and Rob ( did I forget anyone?)

Please, I am a pro with that saw by now. I am teaching my kids to do as I say, not as I do though. I stink though, corals smell terrible.

Chip (and wife sonya) for the church and planning

Kevin Garrison = Chef and coral sorter

Craig for runninng the speaker around all day yesterday and today.

Dave Sun, Andy Leiu for opening their homes to our speaker on Sat.

Very cool that so many of you stayed to help clean up. Will remember you guys!

All the vendors who donated. We had thousands of dollars in corals/raffles! Thank them!

All that donated some of your corals. We have a lot for the next meeting as well if anyone was not able to make it. check out next meetings raffle frags!!!

I always enjoy meetings and hate that I don't get to spend enough time actually talking with folks. I hope it was fair and prosperous for all.

Thanks to everyone that made Frag Fest possible. The officers/members/vendors that supported this did a great job. This was our first Frag Fest and we had a great time.

Darrell & Holly

Guest thefishman65

Yes, thank you to all that set this wonderful event up. I enjoyed the entire thing.

WOW Frag Fest was a really neat experience, I'm still speechless. I really wanted to thank all the vendors, organizers and speaker for such a fantastic event. I know a lot of time went into this event and want you to know that it is very much appreciated. It was something else watching all the coral being cut and bagged in record time. It was also neat finally putting faces to names. I had a really great time and on top of that I came home with some great corals. I can't wait to attend many more. Thanks again for a great afternoon. Tom

(edited)

Thanks to all.

A big thank you to whoever made the decision to do raffle before fragging this time! It made a very big difference!

My big goal as a WAMAS member, is to one day have some blue sps grown so large that I can donate a big chunk to Frag Fest, because there is never any.

Edited by treesprite

Thanks to all the sponsors for the great raffle items, the officers that organized everything, members that helped out, and Ken Feldman for the very informative talk. Together you all made for another fun and informative meeting.

Thanks to all... enjoyable time and some nice frags for my tank. Question re. quarantining. With corals, what am I looking for? How long to quarantine? Thanks.

Thanks to all... enjoyable time and some nice frags for my tank. Question re. quarantining. With corals, what am I looking for? How long to quarantine? Thanks.

what corals did you end up with? some can/should be dipped in different things.

Many thanks to all the vendors for the donations, volunteers for the work/help handing out and cutting everything.

i didnt get to come till late but was good to see all those still there for the short time i could stay

Did they finally cut up those acro's? was hoping to get a piece but had to leave before they got to them.....actually limited myself to 2 frags...dont know how.

The frag fest was great. A big thanks to all you folks that organized it. Know it is a lot of work to put together. I learned alot. And now have faces to go along with names.