flowerseller's new "tank"

Awesome! The only thing that could make it better is if there was fomoco written all over it (coming from the guy who has a ford tattoo on his calf...)!! ;)

• 1 month later...

Time for an update

I'm having new ladder bars for the rear suspension made at a place called Pete and Jake's in MO.

Good thing one broke sooner than later.

They're at the chrome shop now since they were made from 1" DOM seamless tube stock and I wanted them as shinny as chrome.

I hope to have them back by next weekend.

I moved some plug wires around and low and behold, by routing the 5 and 7 wires apart, I got even better higher end rev performance.

Gas mileage, well it really sucks, bordering extremely ridiculous, but it sure was fun emptying the 6 gallon fuel cell in less than 20 minutes.

I did find that if I ease into it on take off instead of standing on the gas pedal, I can keep the back wheels from spinning. who would have known?

That's all for now, I'll post pics of wheelies later on in the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sounds like new tank syndrome to me. Don't you know when you get a large tank you are supposed to put a pretty girl in there and post a picture....... kids these days.

I'll post pics of wheelies later on in the thread.

Anxiously awaiting these while I drool on my keyboard!!

• 5 months later...

Finally got a new "top off" unit and have accumulated everything to get it set up except the feed line.

I have to run the new feed line to the other side and think it's best to have it all in place before the final plumbing.

I hate it when things look jib jobbed.

tunnelram.jpg

I'll be installing it after Valentine's Day when I can route all the plumbing properly.

All said and done, it sits a full 19" higher.

woot!

After the install, I expect to see a full smoky tire burnout and/or a pants smearing wheelstand.

I grew up watching Willie Borsch at the local drag track- maybe you can do an impersonation of him and the Winged Express...

gallery_2631654_862_113189.jpg

Edited by zygote2k

Im still waiting for the wheelies...