• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hooked the leds up and the new pump and a seperate refuge finally. I

got a wahoo with a marlin impeller from someone and so far its looking

good, I just need to tweak the valves and get the fuge filled.

• 3 weeks later...

The reef angel I ordered arrived today so tomorrow should be fun trying to play with it. Should also be nice to have a ph port I can trust and a temp port that works correctly.

• 2 months later...

Reef Angel was junk, I returned it. Using my old busted reefkeeper2 again.

Here are three shots I took right before I tore apart the rockwork...

oldcenter.jpg

oldback.jpg

oldfront.jpg

Here is one of our new fish, other ones we added were a foxface, koran, and pyramid butterfly. This multicolor loves grazing the tank its awesome. I am so happy with our fish selection and am glad I am keeping the tank up through the winter.

multi.jpg

Here are a few pics of the new rockwork, I am not happy too happy with it but at least ALMOST everything is in a good spot to grow well. There are a ton of microbubbles, not sure if they are from one of the old vortechs I bought or what but I will figure it out. Makes the pics pretty cloudy sorry. I also stopped running carbon about a month ago. Changed back to the external lifereef skimmer to use the middle of my sump to grow macros. I think this setup is best because the display drains stragith to the intake of the skimmer. Also I hope to run my airline outside soon. The rockwork is finally off of the back wall except for two rocks with acros on the that I could not find a spot for. I think when summer starts I will redo the rocks one more time if I get a chance to get rid of a few things, and also if we ever move Amandas zoa collection to her freakin tank!

sidepic.jpg

sidepic2.jpg

newfts.jpg

None of the angels have nipped on anything, the cleaner wrasse tore a chunk out of the pinapple brain though. I don't think he liked it...

Angels we have in there now are the bellus, flameback, multicolor, and a small koran. The koran is really shy and likes sponge and the multicolor grazes algaes with all of the tangs. The other two just swim and eat what I toss in the tank.

I don't know we have had this one for maybe 3 or 4 years. It eats everything from nori to stuff off of fish. We had one in each tank for a few years but when we combined them into this tank the smaller one kept ending up in the overflow so we gave it to someone.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys! I have finally cleaned up all of Amandas zoa frags and put them in her tank. So the sand bed is opened up except for the large zoa colonies. Also both angels are nipping at stuff, mostly the multicolor. The Koran I rarely see eyeing anything. The multicolor likes to just run around nipping at whatever is in front of it. Coral or not haha... I love the fish we added, I am very happy with the tank and can't wait to decide what to do with it this summer.