Need an electrician!

Any electricians out there that can help me out?

I was putting in a new outlet and was removing all the wires but didnt get a chance to cap the black wire then it hit the metal part of the outlet so it blew. Now that whole outlet has no power and not really sure what is wrong. I turned the power back on and everything... maybe fuse blew or something?

Willing to pay in cash or corals for your services.

The whole outlet or all of the outlets on the circuit? Is the outlet on a GFCI circuit? If so, have you checked that?

It must be conected to a GFCI somewhere in your house. Located all the GFCI's in your house and make sure its not tripped. If you turned the breaker on and it didnt fix the problem it has to be a gfci tripped somewhere. It could be a gfci on another floor thats hooked up to it. It happened to me once to an outside plug on the made level of my house and i looked everywhere and it was a tripped gfci in the basement

Go to Google and enter " electrician and your zip code"

Scroll past the big ads and call a few. Should be able to get a licensed guy for about $45 an hr.

Thx.

I was working on it and was looking for the cap but the wire happened to touch the metal part of the outlet and it sparked. So then it tripped the gfci, at first i couldnt find the breaker to that certain outlet so i had to keep it on...

Its weird because i have 2 gfci in my kitchen and the outlet is close to my kitchen and its the furthest gfci that tripped but theres one right before that didnt.

I have a buddy that should be stopping by soon, if we dont get it to work ill give you a call Dave.

Thanks everyone!

what was the problem?

(edited)

what was the problem?

It was the outlet itself wasnt connected properly and i guess i had to cut the wires...

I am an electrician and will fix it for free, just pay my airfare, I am in New York :rolleyes:

lol! i wish you were closer! thanks for the offer Paul! :)

Now that i know some of the electricians in the area i know who to call when i finally set up my ultimate basement build! but unfortunetly thats not anytime soon... :/

Edited by Bn251