melanarus wrasse?

looking to pick one up this week but I don't use a cover on the tank.....always thought about putting a clear mesh one on, but its a 92G corner tank and the thought of trying to create that type of lid seems utterly impossible and not something I can figure out how to tackle...

so question is, am I begging for trouble getting the fish with an open top??

Edited by sachabballi reef

Yes you are, mine went carpet surfing because I didn't have some sort of cover.

sounds like a nice project figuring out to make a cover for that big curve. Im sure someone has done it before

hmmmm off to RC to see what the guys in the "corner club" have done....sigh...its REALLY quite a curve and then a taper to the corner...lol is it bad to just take the netting BRS sells and it tape it to the top?

i thought of that but I really don't want to impede the light penetration as its hard enough to light a corner tank....I think the clear netting is going to be the best option if I can figure out how to do it....

Ive got one with no top, no problems with it. It hides in the sand a lot, but rarely even goes near the top. Kept many sixlines with no lid as well.. Only wrasse that jumped on me was a carpenter wrasse, and I had a lid, it got out of a small hole.. A lot of it can have to with its tankmates and there aggressiveness and having places to seek shelter..

Ive got one with no top, no problems with it. It hides in the sand a lot, but rarely even goes near the top. Kept many sixlines with no lid as well.. Only wrasse that jumped on me was a carpenter wrasse, and I had a lid, it got out of a small hole.. A lot of it can have to with its tankmates and there aggressiveness and having places to seek shelter..

the other fish in the tank currently are

1 gold stripe maroon clown who barely ever leaves his RBTA unless someone gets too close to it or its food time

2 engineer gobies

1 royal gamma

1 small yellow watchman

1 bengal cardinal

The cardinal and the clown and the engineer gobies will all be going into the 75G when I move...the rest will remain in the 92G

I do have a glass top I can put back on....but as the very scary avatar person above stated...if they are going to jump it will be through the tiniest of holes...and the glass top is open by the overflow in the back -small but there none the less....

I have had 3 and all went carpet surfing. Same tank too 92gal corner.

-Anthony

yeah...yesterday I ordered all the supplies from BRS to get a top done....will be weekend project...wont be pretty but will hopefully be efficient enough to keep it in....

I suppose I could always put the glass top back on until I get it made, then I could get the fish sooner....but I hate that top with a passion...but if I put it on I won't be as motivated to make the net top...

so today I forced myself not to go to the LFS to get it....

So on your 92 its just an open top, correct? gorgeous tanks but PITA in some instances...