Spring Meeting

Chad

Thanks to everyone that made this a great meeting today!

Ret's talk was fantastic, he is one of the most engaging and entertaining speakers that I have listened to; truly outstanding. I really enjoyed talking to the both Ret and his wife, Karen, and had a great time.

Thanks to the officers for setting it up. Fantastic.

Another great meeting, and a great speaker. Ret's talk was awesome, very informative and entertaining as well. This was only the second meeting I've attended and both exceeded my expectations. I regret not having the time to come to past meetings, I encourage any new members that havent come to any meetings yet to definitely come and check them out, plus the next meeting is Frag Fest.

Thanks to the officers for all that they do for the club, and also a thanks to our great sponsors who give so much for the club as well.

Was a good meeting. Were there other people besides me who read Ret's linked article) from the meeting thread) beforehand?

Thank you Ret, for helping to make our meeting great!

Great speaker and great meeting. I am encouraged to see all the new vendors participating. Nice job officers! We need to double their pay!

Great speaker and great meeting. I am encouraged to see all the new vendors participating. Nice job officers! We need to double their pay!

you know, i'm in favor of quadrupling their pay! :)

I thought the meeting went very well, too. It was good, not only hearing a very good speaker (for what parts I was able to attend, that is), but also seeing both familiar and new faces. Thank you all for attending.

Next month, we'll have an equipment build party featuring Avast "You-Built" kits. Stay tuned for the announcement and group buy thread.

I share many of the same sentiments - great meeting and insightful talk.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks to all that came out! We do the work for YOU and it's gratifying when we can fill the room for the speaker. Please keep making time to attend the meetings. They are primarily what your membership dues go toward.

... and if you have ideas for topics or speakers, please feel free to speak up!

I thought it was a good presentation as well, though I was hoping he would get more into tank raised livestock. I always find it exciting to see new species raised in captivity. ORA's mandarins are just one good example. My ears also perked up when he said there were hungry tank-raised copperband butterflies. :clap:

Regardless, it was nice to see someone "fight for your rights" to keep marine life. :)

Regardless, it was nice to see someone "fight for your rights" to keep marine life. :)

Don't forget that he's out there educating and publishing; it's up to all of us to "fight for our rights" by demanding livestock that is sustainably collected, aquacultured, or maricultured. The reason many types of butterflies, moorish idols, and other similar animals are either not collected or are collected in such few numbers now is because the consumers (us) stopped buying them - which makes the LFS demand that the wholesaler not ship them - which makes the wholesaler demand that they not be collected anymore. Ask your shop where things came from and only buy things that come from "good" places. You'll pay more in the short term, but less in the long-term.

I thought the meeting went very well, too. It was good, not only hearing a very good speaker (for what parts I was able to attend, that is), but also seeing both familiar and new faces. Thank you all for attending.

Next month, we'll have an equipment build party featuring Avast "You-Built" kits. Stay tuned for the announcement and group buy thread.

One thing I wanted to point out to all the members who enjoyed the talk- I was out in the hall for parts of the talk and noticed that Tom and Brian both spent most of their time out there. They needed to be there in case someone walked in late so they could register and get name tags. Bottom line, while we're enjoying the talks, these guys were working! Thanks for the sacrifice guys!!!