One of my holy grails on DD

Chad

Ahh, yes, but they go so well in the massively unnecessary second refugium, sand bed tank that used to be seagrass, but it all got eaten so now I don't really have a defined purpose, but it has a couple nice wrasses and some sand in it portion of my subtropical seahorse tank!! (deep breath out... someone needs to buy it soon or it might just end up there...)

haha, I am not as bad with the stalking as I once was, but I do know that a group of around 12 of these wrasses were imported into the country in early December...

I think I am going to have to take an online break so I don't end up getting one!!! I had to physically leave my house and go running earlier when I saw that one on DD... Now you show me another one!! What to do?

That's the third or fourth one that has gone up on DD and an awesome fish, very jealous about the people that have gotten some!

mine is the scribbled angel they just put up there! Had 2 and lost them both. Someday.... :wub:

DD has been getting quite a few of those in lately. My dream fish as a centerpiece for my tank has always been a Blue Line Angel, a Scribbled was next and I was about to pull the trigger on a Scribbled from DD when I found a source for a Blue Line (I was amazed and sooo happy to find one left this late in the season- they usually come in during the summer), so I pulled the trigger and have had him for about a week! He's eating well and I'm fattening him up to go in the display probably in another week or two.

I would be scared of a $700 fish. It is awsome looking though!

Agree, that's a lot of coin for a fish................though if it's from DD the odds of survival greatly increase - those are cherry picked fish - not your run of the mill. DD is about the only place I'd even consider spending that much on a fish.

Okay, who did it? (didn't last very long :biggrin: )

We

It wasn't me... but it almost was!

I was sitting there staring at it, CC in hand, thinking, then I went for a run, I figured if it was still there when I got back I would do it... it wasnt.

The reason I was hesitating was the adult size and my current setup... And not because my used-to-be seagrass area isn't large enough now... it is because I WOULD have gotten a larger tank for it. Basically, it was comitting to more than just a $700 fish!

Then Mike had to go and throw a wrench into it by pointing out the availability of another one!! I need to stop looking at the fish sites for a while!

I knew there would be a bunch available because so many came into the country (here) at once... Pretty freaking crazy!!

It wasn't me... but it almost was!

I know that feeling, clicked your link & then went to DD................female bellus.........almost clicked........almost.

(given their tough to start & DD almost makes acclimation to captivity a given)

Yea, DD does a great job at providing well acclimated fish. Today I am feeling a little sad that I missed it, yet relieved that I don't have to worry about it!

"Potential Items for Today's Diver's Den:

Fish

Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse, Helfrichi Firefish, Swissguard Basslet , Lennard's Wrasse Female, ORA Blue Mandarin , Flame Angelfish (Pair), Epaulette Shark Female [Expert Only], Lieutenant Tang, Achilles Tang Juvenile [Expert Only], Golden Dwarf Moray Eel, Orange Spot Filefish (Pair) [Expert Only], Polleni Harlequin Grouper, Australian Pineapple Fish, Naso Blonde Tang Male, ORA® Extreme Misbar Black Ocellaris Clownfish (Pair), Ring Tailed Cardinalfish , Zebra Barred Dartfish (Trio), ORA® Red Head Goby, Fathead Sunburst Anthias, Lennard's Wrasse, Sleeper Railway Glider Goby, Goldbar Wrasse , Powder Blue Hybrid Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Annularis Angelfish Adult"

Do it. Add the ORA Blue Mandarin, and I will paypal you for it....

Edited by BowieReefer84

Hah! It looks like I am going to go through it all again tonight!

I am really thinking about it hard.

I will add it. That one might actually go quickly, is there a picture up yet on their FB site? If so do you mind pasting a link or the picture, I cannot acces it at the moment. ph34r.gif

Oh yea! hehe, you can up your stalking capability a bit if you become facebook friends with live aquaria (Kevin Kohen :))... Sometimes pictures and stuff of the livestock they will release around the same time as the preview email.

Oh yea! hehe, you can up your stalking capability a bit if you become facebook friends with live aquaria (Kevin Kohen smile.gif)... Sometimes pictures and stuff of the livestock they will release around the same time as the preview email.

Dang, I'm on it.

Kevin has a few more of these and that will be it for a while... this is a long haul trip to collect these in West Australia and they are seasonal...

Also keep in mind that this is a subtropical fish... even mid 70s is pushing it...

And buying Anampses with a guarantee is worth its weight in gold... Kevin knows how to condition these fish!

Copps

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Kevin has a few more of these and that will be it for a while... this is a long haul trip to collect these in West Australia and they are seasonal...

Also keep in mind that this is a subtropical fish... even mid 70s is pushing it...

And buying Anampses with a guarantee is worth its weight in gold... Kevin knows how to condition these fish!

Copps

Was just going to say the same thing! Cool water fish like 68-72 degrees, so if you want some catalina gobies this would be a great fish to put them with!

Edited by johnnybv