TOTM

zygote2k

I have an idea for tank of the month-

How about for this month people submit FTS of their setups and at say the 20th of the month we hold a vote for the best of the submissions and then that particular tank gets a full write up.

Thoughts? Questions? Ideas?

Sounds fun.

Why have we not been keeping up recently? Has everyone just been super busy?

Bruce

I have an idea for tank of the month-

How about for this month people submit FTS of their setups and at say the 20th of the month we hold a vote for the best of the submissions and then that particular tank gets a full write up.

Thoughts? Questions? Ideas?

thats a lot like how its run now, the issue has been getting p0eople to submit enteries. there is no reason someone cant nominate themselves. the submissions arent xoming in as much as one might think

thats a lot like how its run now, the issue has been getting p0eople to submit enteries. there is no reason someone cant nominate themselves. the submissions arent xoming in as much as one might think

I had no idea that was how tanks were nominated. Hopefully people will see this thread and begin submitting their FTSs for voting!

Ron

I think that the reason we do not get many submissions it the nomination process. People do not want to nominate their own tanks (it is kind of weird. No one likes "nominating" them selves) and who takes the time to nominate other reefers tanks? I like the idea of getting rid of the word nominate and make it more like "hey send us FTS of your system". I think it is all in the word nominate. I would think people would be anxious to send in pics of their tanks if we asked them to in a member forum.

I had no idea that was how tanks were nominated. Hopefully people will see this thread and begin submitting their FTSs for voting!

Ron

Edited by bbyatv

The only problem that I see with that is that if you don't have a very good camera, your tank won't be represented very well.

Yea that is a problem. I also think their are a fair number of members willing to come by and take the photos or vouch for pics that misrepresent the true greatness of a particular tank.

Gonna post my FTS tonight!

The largest stumbling block currently facing TOTM is getting the "winner" tank photographed.

I have a write up all ready to go, just need to get the tank photographed.

thought I had a photographer and now can't make contact with the winner to take the pictures.

been pretty frustrating last 4-5 months.

Ahhh. I knoew there must be a problem somewhere.

Can we post in the member forum putting out a request for a TOTM photographer.

Bruce

The largest stumbling block currently facing TOTM is getting the "winner" tank photographed.

I have a write up all ready to go, just need to get the tank photographed.

thought I had a photographer and now can't make contact with the winner to take the pictures.

been pretty frustrating last 4-5 months.

I did,

and my favorite thread about 2-3 month ago in TOTM committee area,

Desperately seeking Susan

Can someone, named Susan or not, please help me get pictures for TOTM. I know my limitations and tank photography is the only one I have.

I will buy dinner for the volunteer on the way to or from the tank photo shoot.

Please help

I got some officers to offer their already limited time and one of the past photographers I've become great friends with but so far it has not worked out.

I'm stopping posting here for now because I can feel I'm getting worked up.

You want it, you gotta help get it!

Chip,

Maybe a bad place to post the request. I am thinking maybe not all or many of the members read or browse that forum.

I am thinking post it in the Member Discussion forum.

Bruce

I did,

and my favorite thread about 2-3 month ago in TOTM committee area,

Chip,

Maybe a bad place to post the request. I am thinking maybe not all or many of the members read or browse that forum.

I am thinking post it in the Member Discussion forum.

Bruce

I see your point but it would still show up as a "view new posts" which is all "I" use anyway.

So, any Susans or wanabe Susans out there to take pics?

I think I offered but I can't remember what the outcome was. Chip you have my number, just tell me where and when and I'll be there. My pics aren't awesome but they'll at least get the point across.

Maybe WAMAS can sponsor a 100mm macro lens (Nikon of course) for the club to share. Sort of like the PAR meter? Or, let the person doing TOTOM photography be the keeper until someone else does it.

I also offered to get this done and we're now waiting on the last winner to get back in touch. To be honest, he was left hanging for a long time.

Everything is about the volunteers here, and summer presents an especially difficult time to get them. Hopefully things will pick back up again now that school is starting again.

Like Doug is fond of saying, it's your club, but I'll add the stress to the fact that it's your club to help out, too. This thread is not one of those ugly ones where people start accusing us of not doing enough, just a question about what happened, but again, we need help and can't make everything happen without your help!

No one contacted me about needing anything following my post on the other thread. Perhaps I didn't make the right first impression with my post. I shoot with a 5Dm2 w/ 100L macro lens. So, if the club buys any lenses to share, they better be Canon!

Here is a sample pic of my work.

Red%20Acan%20Small.jpg

Time is still an issue, but I might be able to help out with pictures every once in a while if it isn't too far from Alexandria.

I nominate Hypertech. That pic is most impressive.

Hypertech, you might want to fix your location in your profile to Alexandria.

Chip will probably contact you if you are interested. The next totm was in that area (oops, I gave away too much?), which is why alot of us "west-enders" haven't been able to get down there.