forrealb50's 60 gallon LED cube build!

WOW! Last shot is amazing! looks great..cant wait to see how the sps respond

So far everything seems happy and looks great. Full polyp extension on every coral. Even the pipe organ opened up like crazy within 24 hours. The colors are there but I hope they stay looking this good with the LEDs

WOW! Last shot is amazing! looks great..cant wait to see how the sps respond

They'll respond by growing. LED grows corals just as well as any other light- maybe even better.

Just took some more pics trying to fill time for football to start!

Top left corner of the aquascapping. How can any fish get bored with this. Shot is with no LEDS and a flash.

IMG_0566.jpg

I love these guys. Started with 1 and now I have 4 or 5 and a few look like they are splitting again.

IMG_0506.jpg

One of my favorite chalices. Red and green under actinics. It's about 5+ inches in size.

IMG_0505.jpg

Another 1/2" frag of one of my favorite chalices.

IMG_0504.jpg

Lunar shot

IMG_0496.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

IMG_1123.jpg

Added two of the 453 Panorama strips and a reflector to the stunner strip I already had. The colors are insane now and everything pops. I couldn't be happier now with the lighting.

Also, if you buy a stunner strip you should buy the reflector. I swear the reflector doubled the output.

IMG_1125.jpg

Almost have the frag/grow-out area ready in my sump. Now I need to fix the custom LED fixture with trockafella's help.

Edited by forrealb50

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is pretty old, but I just got started a 60 cube and am wanting to aquascape very similar to this. Can you go into some detail with how you formed the rock structure (epoxy, pvc pipe, drilling and zipties, ect..) In my last tank, I only stacked rocks so I could use any advice.