Interest in a 2nd WAMAS Golf Tourney?

dbartco

Last year we gave cash prizes and no handicaps (longest drive and closest won restaurant gift certificates). Captain's choice. Winners won back about their entrance fee (since we only had about 24 golfers). More players, better prizes... My coworkers won last year, but were generous enough to donate the money back to the club.

I would be interested. I am free most Saturdays and Sundays. I played 3 years varsity highschool and 2 years college. (I much prefer golfing to fish tanks to be honest...)

Let me know if you want help organizing this event. I may be able to reach out to people I know and get some good rates. (I used to work at Enterprise golf course for 5 years throughout highschool and college). I also have a good friend who is the teaching pro at University of Maryland, as well as others around the area.

C'mon, they rent children's clubs! clap.gif

Ouch...

If you have NEVER played beer is not enough to make it enjoyable (make liquor). You will be frustrated after the first 5 minutes, with 4 1/2 hours left to go . . .

Ouch...

If you have NEVER played beer is not enough to make it enjoyable (make liquor). You will be frustrated after the first 5 minutes, with 4 1/2 hours left to go . . .

I'm a programmer and trout fisherman so I'm used to being frustrated. But bourbon does sound good.

Hmmm... So let me see if I can summarize the motivation to play here...

...beer

...children's clubs

...red tees

...frustrated for four hours and 25 minutes

...bourbon

Well, what can I say, even though I havent golfed in 10 years, you guys adequately convinced me.

In.

Are the red tees closer, because I probably need that... (just kidding by the way on the red tee location)

Honestly, I can't think of a group of folks that I would rather embarrass with more than my fellow reefers! Count me in. BTW, Chad, I'll bring a fifth of Bourbon and see if we can even the playing field. :D

That sounds like a plan... I think the real question is, is the playing field levelled by them drinking the fifth? Or us?

Either way, I think we win!

Not me, but we should have one for bowling, for those of us who can't deal with the boredom of golf.

That sounds like a plan... I think the real question is, is the playing field levelled by them drinking the fifth? Or us?

Either way, I think we win!

Like you said, it's a win regardless. It's like catfishing. Bring beer, so you at least catch a buzz. :tongue:

The bowling alley sells beer by the pitcher.