Now, that's a bristleworm!

Chad

Was thinning my chaeto and found this guy... the razor blade is for size comparison... probably 8-10" when fully stretched out (I wasnt patient enough to wait for it, but this is mostly there). Just dont let my girlfriend see... she will freeeaaaak out if she knew this type of stuff was in there...

gallery_2632346_778_19571.jpg

hahaha, :lol2:

I guess I should have put it on the auction instead of letting it meet the garbage disposal!!!

(edited)

That looks like a Tyree LE rainbow bristle.

WOW, ... I have 2 slightly larger.... did not realize the lineage... e-bay auction started...:P

Edited by JoeD

We have one that is approaching that size. He/it is very bold, and comes out all the time during the day. It is the best detritus eater I have! He poke out about half-way, and munches on the sand surface.

I really like it!

Great pic thanks.

Getting it out of my tank has little to do with it being a menace of any type (I like medium sized bristle worms, small are bad because there is a risk of a seahorse eating one which kills them usually). I am finally having success getting my girlfriend to take interest in the tank (she likes to look at it and pick out stuff for it), stuff like this I need to ease her into... I dont want a setback!!! :D

Who knows what would happen if I found a 6 foot eunice worm!

Who knows what would happen if I found a 6 foot eunice worm!

Last time I measured this guy, he was about 4 feet. Only see it when I move the tank.

bigworm_4850.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

wow!

NOOO, don't put them down the disposal, I have a TON that size and they're fine!

Ditto. They seem to eat just about everything I don't want and nothing I do. I just make sure I wear two layers of vinyl gloves when digging around in my tanks to avoid their bristles.