Regal jumped out :(

scott711

I was doing some maintenance this morning and noticed my prized regal angel had jumped at some point earlier this morning. I put it in my frag tank and it wasn't looking good. I managed to keep it breathing and now it is swimming around, not exactly normally but it is swimming. I turned the lights out, but is there anything I should be doing to make sure it is ok? One of it's eyes is a little cloudy, but it was real healthy prior to jumping out.

Ideas?

Thanks!

sorry dude i found my midas blenny on the floor today as well. all dried up though

sorry dude i found my midas blenny on the floor today as well. all dried up though

Same thing happened to my midas. They spook pretty easily apprently.

Hope the regal gets better!

Edited by WaterDog

Sorry Scott for the jumper. But, it's good that you were around when you were. Hope it all works out.

I had a cichlid once that I had to literally peel off the carpet. It was dry and it's eyes were completely clouded over. On my way to it's porcelian pyre, I thought I saw a gill move. I held it in front of a powerhead for a few hours and it survived and fully recovered.

Unfortunately, it become the meanest fish I ever had in any tank I had ever setup. It killed ervy fish in the tank and attacked my hands with more ferver than my breeding clownfish. Who said fish can't have mental problems...

Sorry to hear, but, guess that gives you a good excuse to get one of those really cute dime sized tangs. Man they are sooo cute when they are small!

Edited by Chris-