I work downtown at the National Zoo.

'Ric

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest webshout

Born in Jamaica, grew up in Washington and now live in Takoma Park.

William

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! Well at the behest of many of my reefer friends I have finally joined WAMAS! I'm glad to be here and look forward to going to the meeting in April and becoming an active member of this organization!

I'm from Chattanooga, TN originally but grew up as a military brat so I've been from Alaska to Georgia and many places between, before landing in VA. My wife, son and I live in Sumerduck, VA (for those of you who don't know that is south of Warrenton and north of Fredericksburg off route 17).

Right now I have a 72g Bow front mixed reef with a 210g upgrade coming in the next few months.

Hello,

My family and I have just moved to Winchester, Va. from El Paso, Tx. I know a few of you already and look forward to meeting many more members soon.

I have about 25+ yrs in this hobby but never stop learning. I am the former president of the El Paso Marine Aquarium Society where we did some good work assisting the local zoo and educated the majority of hobbyists in that area to frag/purchase frags and or aquacultured livestock. You'll also see me on Reef Central under the same username; I moderate in forums, "Nano", "ReefClubs", "New to the Hobby", "Reef Fishes" and "Fish Only".

I'm currently setting up a 12gal Aquapod with a 70watt DE. It has water and sand and hopefully the rock by this weekend (March 1st). I also have a RR 180 and a 58 sitting dry in the basement. I'm not sure if I'll keep the 180 but am fairly anxious to set up the 58 dedicated to a pair of clowns and host. Unfortunately that will have to wait until the basement is finished.

See you guys at the next meeting...

Ed, glad to have you in the club. I look forward to your contributions/experience.

Garrett.

Ziggy,

there aren't too many of us down Fredericksburg way, but there are a few. I'm downtown on Caroline St. You are more than welcome to stop by... so long as you don't mind dogs.

G.

Guest hundredneight

New York city firefighter work in bk ny, live in Staten Island. lovin life. 220 gal reef, 125 sump, 45 gal bruit pail w/ asm g-6 skimmer, 4 -250w 15K mh W/ hqi ballast, 2- 72'' ice cap super attinic vho, 1/3 chiller + exaust fan to outside on temp sensor. 2-gen-x pcx 40's closed loop w/ 8 returns within the rock work, on wave master. sequence hammerhead 5800 gph main pump w 8-3/4 lockline top returns + 45 gal bruit pail as wave pool (in the works). three side walk around. 55 gal drum (water changes). auto top off w/kalk pick-up. auto feeder.

AND A PROUD FATHER 4 MO OLD BOY VINCENT DAVID

NEWBEE GLAD TO BE A MEMBER.

Ziggy,

there aren't too many of us down Fredericksburg way, but there are a few. I'm downtown on Caroline St. You are more than welcome to stop by... so long as you don't mind dogs.

G.

Thanks for the invite! I'll have to take you up on that some time!

Guest WilliamHey

Hi everybody i live on Filadlephia, a though place but i

Ranson WV by way of Ashburn VA, by way of San Jose CA, but way of Bryans Rd MD.

:drink:

I'm done moving now.

Former 20 year member of the Pacific Coast Cichlid Association, now with WAMAS to get my Salt Water grove on.

:clap:

Thanks for having me,

Mark

Edited by CHUBAKAH

Live just outside of Annapolis, in Crownsville, MD.

Been keeping salt tanks in one form or another for about the past 20 years.

Welcome John! You might want to add your location to your profile so people will know where you live. It's a good way to meet fellow WAMAS'ers in your area!

• 2 weeks later...

I live on the eastern shore, Moved to Maryland in 04 from Calif.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers all... I am a noobie in Waldorf, MD

Took over a 55 gallon mostly-fish tank from a colleague at work who wanted to unload it.

Would like to gradually change over to a reef tank with more inverts.\

My setup is still very basic and I am still going through the beginnings of the learning process, but so far I've had the system and 4 months and nothing has died on me including a few new members of the family; notable a carpet anemone that I've had for about 3 months and who seems to be doing quite well.

Wont ramble on here...

Excited about the new hobbie (job!) and the wonderful community that seems to come along with it.

Shoot me a 'hey' if you are in the Southern MD area or wherever.

-MARK

• 1 month later...

Rob from Reston here. Been doing this for many years- took a break for a while and am now geting back into the old habit. Nice to see this community online and many knowledgeable aquarists.

Joined 1 day ago and already got a free frag! Thanks David!

I followed a link from reefcentral. I live in PWC, VA..not far from Potomac Mills.

I have a 72gl bowfront with some softies and only 3 fish. It's been running over 5 years...not a lot in it but what i have looks pretty lol!

I also have a 6g Nano in my daughter's room with a frags from the 72 and a false percula clown.

I am interested in buying local frags, zoos and rics with yellows reds blues.

Thanks!!